Tuesday, February 03, 2009

always late, but worth the wait?

Believe it or not I am disappointed in myself about my lack of blogging. It is after all, my main memory keeping method. I did not highlight the holidays, nary a New Year's nicety. Much has occurred in the last couple months. Let's bring the blog up to speed through a photo journey.


Christmas 2008 --A wonderfully special moment as my Dad read the story of Christ's birth from the same book he to read my siblings and I many Christmases ago.


The Hopkins Family is GIRL POWER!


Dan's gift from his loving wife. Only 10 years late.



Juliet (now almost 10 months old)

The Dieleman/Wierenga Family, all 26 of us.

A special gift from Mom D. this year-- A cookbook she compiled from our family favorites, and beautiful aprons that she handmade.

From Christmas & 2009
The kids received Blades for Christmas ... Rollerskating, and more rollerskating



As far as new things go, I recently became employed, and I use this term loosely because I am enjoying myself too much while working. I do a bit of daycare for my friend on Mondays. Below is a pic of the little girls in action. Basically they like to steal the pacifier out of each other's mouths all the day long.


I also have been slaving away at MiniMe BabyGear I have been helping process the exclusive, must have Wet Happened? Wet Bag
Check it Out!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My baby and I. She is entirely too old now.


This guy.
He surprised me with a trip to NYC!!!!! I am going this month and could not be more thankful and excited! He heard the unspoken (and sometimes spoken) pleas of a housewife/momma looking for some respite.


Until next post, enjoy this photo of my gals and a giant Care Bear.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever go anywhere without a scarf?

Michelle said...

no way. scarves are the coziest!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update. I need to do the same. Can you believe our babies are almost 10 months - therefore almost a year - YIKES! She is just too cute.

I love Dan's face at the rollerskating rink. He's obviously LOVING it!

NYC?!?!?! I'm so jealous! Is he going with you or is this a solo endeavor?

MikeandLynette said...

Great post Michelle. I loved seeing all of the family photos! What a blessing to get everyone together like that :)

Carolyn said...

Good to catch up! If you could just write down word for word what you said to get a trip to NYC...I'm going to need that. Lucky lady!

Anonymous said...

Great pics and stories, Chelle. Esp the pic of me. Coming home Fri evening at about 8:30pm GR. We will call you when we reach Detroit you can just leave the truck if you have too. Having fun. Talk to you soon. Mom says love ya all. Bahama Mama.

Katie said...

Good to see an update. My favorite part is the way Juliet's hair looks so tame in the picture of her by the Christmas tree :)

Denise said...

Hi Chelle
love the post! It's so good to see the kiddos and all the fun they had and are having! We hope and pray you have a wonderful trip to NYC. What fun! Love and miss you - mom D

Anonymous said...

We need a new post!

Laurie said...

I love your post on meal prep. I was seriously laughing out loud and not the fake, I'm writing LOL but not really actually doing it.

Jeff's suggestion is to get a man (like him of course) to help in the kitchen. Oh the vanity of a man who likes to cook. :)

I always tease him that he can actually help cook because he gets home so early from his job. You walk in the door at 4:30 p.m.? You better just pick up a spatula and get to work! :)

MiniMe Mom said...

I agree with Concerned Blogger Amanda

Anonymous said...

chelle-

i am begging you! write something new PLEASE! it's been forever!

-amanda

MiniMe Mom said...

LOL, I thought Amanda WAS the concerned blogger:-)

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

How did I miss this update?? Too cute! Your kids have such beautiful eyes!! I love the pics of the full families - that's not an easy thing to do, is it!! Love you!!