Tuesday, August 09, 2011

looking back on the summer that is !!

Ok,  I'm forcing myself to stop.
If I don't get our summer doings recorded in this virtual memory book,  I will have to kick my actual self!  

I'm making myself stop and take a look at all we've been able to experience this summer,  
"the summer that IS"
You see,  for me,  2010 was the "summer that wasn't."

That phrase originated 5 years ago when my sister was on bedrest awaiting the birth of her triplet daughters.   She spent 7 weeks of summer 2006 incubating those 3 little blessings.   Her summer wasn't the typical party having,  sparkler waving,  cottagey goodness that it usually was.   It had a different purpose.

I can look back at my summer season 2010 and feel that tangled mess of grieving,  living,  and hoping.   It was a summer that wasn't.    
I am thankful,  hard to fully express actually how full I feel this summer.    Still somewhat tangled up, but truly seeing this season in a new light.  

With 3 weeks to go yet,  find below some snapshots of the the doings thus far.
Thanks for walking down both roads with me.

 Lord God, I accept both from Your hand, pain and joy, accepting that in this world, they come together. Someday it will be only, always, joy — You whisper Your certain triumph with Jesus, and daily mercies, and Advent and Your comforting presence. And lilies blooming in winter.   ---Ann Voskamp
You will have pain but your pain will turn to joy. (Jn 16:20

 The Curley Cone  (FYI,  they don't accept debit or credit)   HAHA!  (that one's for you small group)
 Rack-O on a Rainy day.  I'm not sure who's having more fun,  Grandpa or Naomi
 First boat ride for little "Nomi"

 Cousins,  reunited.
 Birthday Buddies is their claim to fame.
 Candy store golf cart rides were a 3 or 4 times daily occurence.
 Dieleman/Wierenga Grandkids
 Naomi and Easton :) 
 Fishing with Grandma, who incidentally hooks all the worms and un-hooks all the fish x4 kids!
 She also plays a mean game of Twister!    Love you, Mom!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for summer fun!!!! and it looks like you guys packed your summer full. So glad I was part of it :)