Saturday, January 02, 2010

Run for your Life !!!

Coop fire 2010.


Poor Dan.    All the the energy and excitement he put into building the chicken coop all went up in flames this morning.



They will live to lay another egg.

 
I think someone needs a hug.   seriously.





the Greenway's water station --still intact !!




We are very thankful that it is a calm winter day  (not the middle of the night),
that Katie spotted the fire in it's early minutes,
that Dan was home to extinguish the flame ,
that nothing else caught fire.


but now... where to house the survivors?





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a way to start the year!! i know that it sucks but it is kind of funny too- chickens running amuck at the dieleman's! love it!

-amanda

Amy said...

That is just so sad. Poor Dan! Give him a hug for me. :(

Anonymous said...

That makes me so sad. All of your hard work. Sorry to hear, Dan. I am sending a hug your way.

I guess you will have another project to keep you busy this winter:)

-Betsy

fig said...

Wina, wina, chicken dinner. Whatever. Your chickens need a home. Gretta donates her old home for temporary residence.

Katie said...

I was definitely not expecting to see that while I was loading my kids up in the van yesterday. It was so sad to see the coop up in flames. I thought the chickens were goners till Dan opened the door and they waddled out like nothing even happened :)

Triplet Mom said...

Your in luck! There are two fine looking chicken coops for sale just down the road from us on Finkbeiner! Your choice... red or green! complete with white metal Chicken silhouette!

Sorry Dan... I know you loved that coop, and she was a beaut!

Mom H said...

These pictures break my heart. Dan and the boys worked so hard on that coop. Glad Gretta's old "house" could be recycled.Now I know why Fig kept it for over a year!

AC in AZ said...

Mmmm, broasted chicken is on the menu tonight.....
Dan, you shouldn't have thrown another log on their fire! Really!