Tuesday, June 05, 2007

He's still working on me.

Well folks, it has been a busy and emotional week. Blogging took a back burner.

I guess I have been more up in my head than typing at my MacBook this week, thinking about things of greater gravity. Talking with my kiddos about life, death, and the afterlife following the death of my Aunt. It is so inspiring to me as I observe my children working out their faith, their beliefs, and how they describe it all. Kids says some pretty cute stuff. :)

I've been trying to think back to the first time I learned about Jesus, about the first time I asked the really hard questions about life and death. I suppose it was some time during my childhood and it was again most recently as I attended the funeral for my Aunt. When I was young, I thought I would have it all figured out and answered by the time I was a "grown up."

But really, I am still working out my Christianity. Not whether or not I believe in the incarnation, death, and resurrection, for I am persuaded, but rather working on the daily walk. I don't think there will be a moment when I feel I have arrived, spiritually speaking, because life's big circumstances always have a way of bringing me back to my foundation---the Grace of God.

I'm so thankful that this foundation is all I need to spend eternity with Christ, that I don't have to know it all, be perfect, or have all the answers. We are ever thankful that Aunt Patty had this same blessed assurance.

I know not why God’s wondrous grace
To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
Redeemed me for His own.

I know not what of good or ill
May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
Before His face I see.

But I know Whom I have believèd,
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
Unto Him against that day.

OK, so I love old Hymns. If you do too and want to hear the one above, click here
It's old school church music but it still rings true.

5 comments:

Sonny Huisman said...

Thank God for His wondrous grace!

Anonymous said...

I love the old hymns too...Hope you and your family are doing as good as can be expected during this time.

Laurie said...

Sorry for your loss.

denise said...

How wonderful that your Aunt Patti knew of God's grace and now she is pain free and celebrating His wonderful grace in His presence! Wow, what a day that will be! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm back. I haven't been on the computer lately. No time and patience for this slow mo. You know I love the old hymns too. It made me cry. Thanks for your post.