Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thou Shalt Not Steal


Especially pink Bibles.

Last night we trucked out to Wal-Mart (they are yet to be on my black list, give it time) with one purpose. To buy the kids a kiddy pool so they won't drive me nuts all day begging to go and swim at Grandma's big pool.

While I was browsing the terribly messy clearance aisle Joy spotted a little pink Bible that she just had to have. I told her she may have it, how can you not let your kid get a Bible, right?

As we went to the outdoor check out to pay for the rad pool the boys picked out, Miss Joy neglected to hand her Bible (and a tube of pink princess toothpaste) to the cashier. I didn't realize it until I glanced back at her in the truck on the way home and she was holding tight to that little pink Bible.

What a prize, what prize indeed!

Now I have to go and be a parent a minute and teach her a lesson--and drive back to Wal-Mart to pay for it. Guess how much?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is a hoot. I see that it is just the NT, so really it should be half price already...it's only half the Bible. Looks like a beauty. Ask your mom-in-law about a sweet girl who put undies around her arm and "stole" them from Meijer.

Old School said...

If it's only the NT, then "Thou shall not steal" isn't event listed, you're fine, lol

Anonymous said...

Take them all, they are free!

Anonymous said...

Is she taking all our Bibles?

Katie said...

Of course Joy would have to have a pink Bible :)

Anonymous said...

What pretty picture of Joy! I am guessing $6.95

Laurie said...

The pink has got to jack the price up ... I'm going with $9.99.

MiniMe Mom said...

I am not sure....hmmmm. My guess is going to be low. $4.95???

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that the toothpaste costs more than the Bible. Bible-$.97, toothpaste-$2.50, the look on your face when you discovered you had not paid for them-Priceless $3.47

Sonny Huisman said...

I'm proud of you for going back to pay for it! Way to teach to the moment!

I'm guessing 12.00 just in gas money to travel back to Walmart, 12.99 for the Bible plus the 2.50 for the toothpaste! Bibles are expensive!

Anonymous said...

A dollar two ninety eight

Anonymous said...

Right, a dollar two ninety eight but the Bible "Priceless"

Michelle said...

Fig---oh so close!

1.98

that is the price of the little pink Bible

Anonymous said...

Oh Joy! She is so innocent and cute! She can spot something pink two aisles away. What a teachable moment.

Anonymous said...

See this link:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/TheftsOnRiseAtWalMartStores.aspx?GT1=10119

Aren't you glad you could be part of this?

denise said...

I'd say you got a pretty good deal. The best book ever written for $1.98! Joy knows a good thing when she sees it, especially if it's pink.
and yes Laura, I remember the undies on the arm in the stroller, but I'm thinking it was TJ Maxx! I think someone got alot of use out of those undies. Was it you?

Sonny Huisman said...

Under $2? What a steal! . . . literally!

tami said...

Does anybody remember the rabbit at Rogers where you could pick out a prize? Well one time Todd and I helped ourselves to a whole lot of prizes, a whole bag full. I remember my mom telling us we had to bring them back and apologize but I don't think we actually did.

tami said...

I really blame Todd. He was older and should have not led me into sin.

Anonymous said...

This blog is in need of some new material

Triplet Mom said...

Where are your camping pictures? You have been home for 12 hours or so! I mean really... What could you possibly be doing?