Saturday, April 12, 2008

I am a Lady in Waiting.

Oh bloggers, I am still here. The bun in my oven is cozy and warm and doesn't want to come out today. (or probably tomorrow for that matter) She teases me though. Each and every night I feel her simultaneously bump her head on my bladder, while lodging her foot in my rib, or she tries to make a side exit by punching me with what I can only assume is a fist.

What follows all that activity is a bunch of intermittent, fairly uncomfortable contractions that never really develop into full labor. I drift to sleep with girl names bouncing around in my head and practiced aloud and the next thing I know--it's a new day.
So all in all, spring break has been a nice, relaxed, quiet one. I am glad I had this week to spend with the kids just enjoying a slower pace.

I have to keep reminding myself (and Dan) that I'm not even due yet. (Close enough!!) I think he is even more impatient at this point than me. In fact he just said to me in the most obvious way,
"I feel like we are just sitting around waiting for her to come"

How profound.





9 comments:

Lia Leenstra said...

I keep checking!!! I am awaiting the great news of baby girl's arrivial!! I am glad you had a great week enjoying your kids and Spring Break!! I hope the delivery goes well!!

Waiting for the call!!

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh, how I know that feeling all too well.

I am praying for the safe and easy delivery of this little girl--and SOON!

Anonymous said...

Danno is so profound!

Anonymous said...

Danno is so profound!

Anonymous said...

Danno is so profound!

Anonymous said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you

LCHS 2013 said...

It makes me think of the season of Advent - waiting in eager expectancy for a joy that is beyond words and beyond all comprehension. The waiting can be so hard and frustrating at times, but when she is here, you'll forget how hard the waiting was (or at least it won't be as frustrating anymore ;).
So excited for you and Dan and the fam! Praying for you and hoping she comes soon!