Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I made my bed today,


and other major accomplishments from the last two weeks are as follows:
----unpacked the hospital suitcase, finally.
----found an old pair of real, not maternity! jeans to wear
----said good riddance to smelly, holey boots, snowpants, and gloves--either packed or thrown away!
----emptied the dishwasher (instead of my mother having to do it)
----went to Starbucks!

next up--going to church and going to a soccer game. baby steps people, baby steps ;)


We have two weeks under our belts now. It seems like the days and nights are no longer separate but the one endless cycle of infant care. Oh how I forgot that a newborn slows your pace a bit. Juliet has been a content baby thus far, and I am so thankful. The kids have grown more in love with her and slightly less with each other each day. Fighting over who will hold her, smell her, and bring to me my nursing pads! We are adjusting pretty well. The sleep deprivation is starting to become a way of life. It's good to get to that point where my body is used to the middle of the night feedings. I am still working on not secretly growling at Dan as he saws logs right there next to the baby and I at 2:36am. Really, how dare he just sleep like that?

So blogging might be fewer and farther between, but I thought I'd offer a little update on how we are getting along as a family of 6. A few photos as well. Until next time...

Chase and Grandpa H. Turkey Hunting
Soccer season is in full swing
Joy assisting "sissy" with her first bath


7 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh Chelle, how I envy the non-maternity jeans. I'm still up ten. Ten?! Augh! I blame all these cookies/brownies being dropped off and being home all day looking at them...

AND--Bryce's belly button is still on. How I long to give him a real bath!

PS-Josh gets up to do diaper duty, so tell Dan to grab the Desitin.

Michelle said...

oh girl! I'm still up 20.
I just found some old super low rise jeans to squeeze into. yeah, they are painted on.

edejong said...

I'm glad to hear you are making it and starting to get around a little. I can't wait till I get to see you guys

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Michelle - I love to read your blogs - you are such a creative writer. Joy looks so old all of a sudden! I'm hoping to get over there real soon to see precious Juliet - she's adorable. Love, Aunt Marva

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! You seemed quite calm to me this week in spite of Dan being gone. I don't think I was when your Dad was gone when Ross was 3 wks old and I only had 2 other children and no one in school yet.( oh yeah, he told me not to bring that up again.)It was fun helping out.Thankful Dan is home safe. Love ya all!

Laurie said...

Juliet is cute and BIG!

Hope you start getting a little more sleep.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I will ever get Chase's smiling face out of mind sitting in that turkey blind. Priceless.