Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fig's Fall Fun

Yes, my return to blogging features a post about my Dad's weekend, since he's probably the only one that follows this blog any more. Dan and I were commenting the other night about what an exciting weekend "the Fig" had.
First on Opening Day of hunting season, he scored this 8 point. He arrived home to his biggest fans:
Later that evening he watched his favorite driver score a championship. All while enjoying a lovely wild turkey dinner lovingly prepared by Judy.

And to top it all off, after worshiping in God's house on Sunday, Dad got to sit front and center while his favorite sports broadcaster, Jack Doles, gave a presentation at our church. He even asked him a question!









So that might not be your idea of an exciting weekend. Seeing Dad's joy in the small things made me so thankful that after so many, many years of working so hard to put us through school and build a business he has some free time now to enjoy family, friends, sports.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You betcha! Can life get any better? If only I could have sat in my tree stand next to Jack Doles eating turkey and watching JB win the championship on my 42 inch flat screen tv! Oh and yellow cake with choc frosting for dessert. Thanks Chelle for noticing my enjoyment and putting up with all my boring stories over the years. That weekend was good but if I wanted to make it better I would have taken a barefoot run and maybe shot some hoops.

Anonymous said...

Opps, don't forget the FIREWORKS!

Triplet Mom said...

That's a Fig-tastic weekend!

Triplet Mom said...

Oh and Chelle, were you all googly-eyed at Jack Doles? Don't deny it!

Anonymous said...

Hello McFly, Johnny won the championship on Friday night, not Saturday night. You'd think after 2 weeks+ off of blogging for "research" you'd know that!

Anonymous said...

i didn't pay that close attention.
Friday, Saturday... what ev.

MiniMe Mom said...

Braaaad needs to start his own blog.

Oh, and Fig...yellow cake with chocolate frosting tomorrow. Yum Yum.