Thursday, April 14, 2011

3 weeks old-- surviving and thriving.

Just wanted to pop in and offer up a few photos and an update of our life with the 7 of us.

I've been working up a few blog posts in my mind that are yet to come.  It has been a whirlwind of emotions , hormones and thoughts that have passed through and over me the last  few weeks.   I just wouldn't be me if I didn't take some time to sort them out and "write" them down.   But for today,  just the basics.  
I took this photo on the first day home and thought it was funny because no one wanted to leave Naomi's side.  Or is it just that no one wanted to stop watching television?

Naomi was welcomed home by all of us on Friday March 25.  At the time I was glad to have the weekend to ease into what would become real life again on Monday morning. 

If only. 

If only real life had waited that long.  Real life started during my hospital stay as 3 of the kids had a stomach virus and you know what that means.    Bringing home our baby, meant bringing her home to a sick house.   Thankfully, she was immune.   Immune to that and a host of other things our chaotic household offers.    She has been very content to sleep, nurse and do all the wonderful things that newborns do.  I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS STAGE.  NEWBORNS ARE MY FAVORITE!!! 


We are trucking along getting used to another person in the house.  The kids are learning patience in a whole new way.  I am learning how to expand myself a little further to meet all of their needs.  I do feel that some days (and many overnights)  are just survived.   But now,  holding Naomi tight I feel a new and different sense of wonder and gratitude than I've ever felt before during these draining first few weeks.   These are huge gifts.  This busy life,  the ridiculous amount of backed up laundry,  yes, even the sleep deprivation is a gift.   THIS-- what I have longed for, for much of the last year and a half-- is here now.   I embrace it.  I cherish it.  I want to etch it all into my memory. 


 This last photo is how I found Juliet after one busy afternoon.   
I know how she feels.   At any given time I could fall asleep- half standing.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is PRECIOUS!! Love you Chelle!! Aunt Marva