Monday, April 11, 2011

A birth story, in photos.

I was privileged to have my sister-in-law of Katie DeBoer Photography come to photograph the birth of our baby.    Early in my pregnancy,  I was not sure  if I would want the private moments of the birth photographed.   I  had these thoughts because I was nervous.   I was nervous about an un-happy ending.   As much as I had hoped and continually tried to "give it to God"  I had a slow ember of fear that something could or might go terribly wrong.    But on the other hand,  I just KNEW I wanted the birth photographed. 

God's peace and the excitement that went with me into the hospital that early morning knocked out my fears and we lift our hearts in gratitude that we have our baby here with us today.   I am so thankful that Katie came to take pictures.  She is so talented and I will cherish the photographs for a lifetime.

Besides the fantastic ones already posted on Facebook,  here are some additional faves I picked. 
I think they tell this part of the story,  beautifully.

 (this photo is actually taken on my phone by Dan,  but we had to get that last belly pic.)

I couldn't wait to use my iPhone app. to time my contractions!  So exciting and amazing to think that when I had Chase 11 years ago,  we timed contractions the old fashioned way-- with a wall clock !  
 Signing on the dotted line...
Dan's typical method for helping labor progress.


It's GO (and push) time!!







Not to us, O LORD, not to us
       but to your name be the glory,
       because of your love and faithfulness. 
Psalm 115:1

3 comments:

Lia Leenstra said...

oh I just tear up with these pictures - Katie did a great job of capturing the emotions behind the amazing birth of Naomi!! I can see so many emotions in your face and in your eyes! It takes me back a bit - I still get weepy. God is SO good! and ever faithful!! I can't wait to sit down with you and hear Naomi's birth story!!! She is just so beautiful!!

Katie said...

I'm so happy that I was able to be there with you guys! You have no idea how much that meant to me. Thank you for letting me share that amazing day with you

Jamie said...

They are so sweet! I love them! Great job, Kate, and thanks for sharing!