Wednesday, June 08, 2011

first day/last day. with 178 in between

They hate it,  but i LOVE it !!
the forced smiles,  the too close for comfort posing.
It seems to be a tradition to photograph my kids on the first and last day of school.  Last year,  I documented their school year with a before and after shot of their school shoes.   This year I'll get their precious faces.
First day of school August 30, 2010
fresh, shiny and new.

Last day of school  June 8, 2011 and lots of bed head.
(Juliet and Naomi were still asleep, thank goodness!)
I'm thankful and tearful today that a chapter has closed,  that the kids will move forward,  that we can celebrate a year of emotional lows and highs as a family.

Summer 2011.
Bring it.

Really. Thank you God,  for bringing it.

2 comments:

Sassy Sara said...

Cute! Now Michelle,did you force them to wear the same outfits or did that just happen? =) oh wait...I see Drew changed his shorts...

Anonymous said...

I love these annual pictures. I should really do that with my class, but I couldn't make them all wear the same clothes! We still have two more days. I'm a little jealous at the moment.

Michele Johnson