Friday, July 27, 2007

Woe is me!


Ever have one of those days?

When nothing particularly tragic happens, just something unexpected and highly annoying.
That was my yesterday.

I was happily planning my day---a little blogging, a little cleaning, a little coffee sipping when suddenly Chase exclaimed, "Mom, the carpet's wet down here!"

What I discovered was once again the lift pump in the mechanical room of our basement malfunctioned. Water (gray/black water, for you campers) was spraying EVERYWHERE each time the pump tried to do its job. The result was wet floor, wet carpet, wet padding, wet toys, & nasty soaked cardboard boxes.

I immediately called my fabulous father-in-law who saved the day, and solved part one of the problem---no more pee water spraying about. Have I ever told you how much of a blessing it is to live on "the hill?" Some of you may know what I mean. Not only is Dad D. ready to help me, he also has the beautiful ability to calm me down and put things into perspective when the little things cause me to go a little nutz-0!

Fast forward to today. The basement is slowly drying out, carpet is ripped out, I have purged the playroom of many un-played with toys, and we are hoping that no mildew sets in.

Thank you to Dad, Johnny, & Scotty who helped us out yesterday. I would likely be pacing about in an overly dramatic display of emotional distress if you hadn't come to my rescue!!!

I guess my pity party must come to an end. ;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to end the pity party so soon - everyone needs one once in a while! Hope the basement dries out soon!! Joe and Em just had the same problem - that's when it's nice to rent! Love ya! Aunt Marva

Anonymous said...

oh michelle....sounds like a rough day but you are right, dad always has a way to turn things around! we are blessed.

much love.

Dana said...

Woah! is you. Pee-water?!

That must have been a bit off-putting. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Triplet Mom said...

That rots! I'm so sorry! Fire is my worst fear, followed by theft & flooding.

Unknown said...

Aren't dads the best? We had our septic tank backup into the house late fall too. It's not any fun.

I hope you get everything cleaned and dried out.

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh Chelle! that is horrible! I hate that- the smell never quite goes away (at least for a while). We had that last year and it cost us a pretty penny to get all the water out~although ours got in all of our walls so we had to pull out walls and re-drywall.

Aren't dads the best? Hope it is picked up soon...

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha!

tami said...

My dad came over and helped me fix a plugged up garbage disposal, of course I was having guests that night and Rob was gone.

Anonymous said...

Quit you whinning! Back in my day we had to walk 3 miles to the steam just to get water (up hill both ways) and we never had plumbing problems with the outhouse. We did however have to move it once in a while. And we liked it.