Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm Back!

There is much more to that statement than just my return to blogging.

I am back from NYC, I am back from the funk of early pregnancy, I'M BACK and
Thanks be to God!!!

Since many of my friends and family check in on this blog now and again, I would like to say word of thanks to those who helped me push through the first trimester of this pregnancy. I so appreciated your kind words of encouragement when I doubted, your prayer when I was down and out with migraines, and your tolerance of me when without warning or just reason I became a hormonal shrew. Thank you, a thousand times thank you!

The last week has been memorable. We had an unexpected early ultrasound of our little one:



Last weekend I was blessed to take a whirlwind trip to NYC with 7 beautiful women to visit Dana in NYC. Thanks to Holly for the photos, a few I will share here, For more check out Tina's blog. I could probably write a whole post about New York City, about the beauty both obvious and obscure, and maybe I will at a later date. For today I just want to give praise to God for restoring me, even if just a bit back to my "old" self. Next stop, Fall.
Some NYC pix. (Thanks Holly!)






16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun in NYC.

But why the unexpected ultrasound? I hope everything is OK?

Michelle said...

yes, everything looks good. My doc wasn't able to get a heartbeat in the office, so she sent me in for the US to establish fetal heart tones and fetal age.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Chelle, did you freak when they couldnt hear the heartbeat????

I am glad you are back!...safe and sound from NY, and feeling better, too!

Oh, and....were they able to tell what the sex of the baby was?

Dana said...

I may have to stuff the ballot box with this week's poll...

tami said...

Chelle you are looking so cute with your little belly. Hopefully sometime we can catch up and talk.
The curse of the Hopkins migraine have hit me I have had 5 in the last two weeks.

Laurie said...

Alright, you are way too adorable pregnant! And it sounds like you have been feeling "adorable" during this first trimester. :)

Great trips with great friends is just, well, great.

Katie said...

I finally get to see it - how precious! Seeing it makes it even harder to wait to see our little one :)

Anonymous said...

You guys were on the Today show? Jude will be so impressed. I think she would go to NY just to stand at the Today show and screem.

Anonymous said...

Today Show?
Wrong channel, Chelle! We only watch GMA on channel 13. You should have gone there.
We would have seen you!

Anonymous said...

It's so awesome to see your little, precious fig.You weren't really that bad the first trimester were you? I won't ask Dan. So happy you are feeling better. I knew it was just a matter of time.

Anonymous said...

yep she was bad

denise said...

Welcome back! Didn't realize you were gone, except to NYC for the weekend! You're too hard on yourself, but glad the migraines are past. They must be horrible.
Thanks for sharing your pics of NYC. Good friends are such a blessing and it looks like you have many.
Love you, Mom

Sonny Huisman said...

So glad all is well with baby Fig.

I love seeing that little belly starting to show! You look beautiful - as always!

Welcome back!

Heather said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time in New York!

I can relate to being back to yourself-around 13 weeks I felt like myself again, too. I really didn't realize I was gone until I was back.(if that makes any sense)

Hope you have a great 2nd trimester! Oh, and thank Dan for trying to get my car unlocked-what a great guy!

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Chelle - looks like you had a great time! It's always nice to get away for a few days, isn't it! I can't believe you were that bad the first trimester! Glad your migraines are gone!! Love ya! Aunt Marva

Anonymous said...

I thought you were back!?!