Tuesday, June 03, 2008

painful.

My father-in-law found this unfortunate 10 spot last Saturday while doing the weekly yardwork. He found only this portion. Dan brought it home to show me and of course I said, it was probably mine or his. Both of us have a strong tendency to misplace items, forget things wherever we go, and if something is lost we have to tear the house apart to find it. It may be our only similarity. I just can't throw it away. I know it is useless now, but imagine what we could have done with it. If it was only a dollar I could deal with it, but 10 dollars?!

What can you buy for 10 dollars today?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's 2-1/2 gallons of gas!! 50 miles in the old Minivan.

Or, sadly, 4-5 laps of Payne lake at barefooting speeds.

Old School said...

10 items from Wendy's dollar menu, If we limit every one to 2 items and get our drinks at home,
$10.00 (plus tax) feeds our family of 5, yes we have done it

Anonymous said...

One box of shotgun shells to shoot a big Tom turkey. Way to go Dan!

Triplet Mom said...

50 diapers

MiniMe Mom said...

One tenth of a gallon of swimming pool paint. So, maybe enough for the steps.

Laurie said...

Two venti caramel frappacinos. I bet you could use just that corner of the bill at Starbucks. I heard they're hurting for business.

denise said...

I hear there's been sightings of more pieces of the puzzle on the hill! Dad's been known to run over anything that gets in the way of the mower:) I don't think that $10 would begin to cover them! Anyway, maybe soon you'll have enough of the bill to take to the bank and then we'll hear how you spent it! Love you, Mom D