Monday, June 02, 2008

176 days down, 4 to go.



Last August, I posted this

I was not loving the fact that my kids were in school, (meaning I had to stop watching TV late into the night and had to get up at 6:30am) I was newly pregnant and sick. Basically, I was counting down to the end of a school year that was only 4 days in.

So you can imagine how excited I must be that we made it through the year. Soon we will enjoy carefree, schedule free days. Doesn't it just sound ripe with bliss and possibility?

NOT! (so sorry I had to use that hideous 1990s catch phrase)

I have this sinking feeling I will wake up next Monday morning earlier than usual. Little Juliet like to arise at 5am-ish. What will follow will be my kids waking at school time because their little bodies are not yet used to sleeping in. From 7am on I will hear one bickering session after the other on who plays with what, what to watch on TV, and who is in charge---oh, is that me?

Here's the thing. I don't care about any of that. I am such a summer lover that they could fight their heads off and I will still have a silly grin on my face for the beautiful weather and the chance to spend real time with my kids during the stressless times of the day. (don't even ask me how much I loathe the hours between 4-7pm during the school year)

Completing the school year feels like a huge accomplishment for a mini-van mom like me. I hope you all find a moment or two this summer to enjoy your kids being home for in no time you will see that first Back to School sale at Target.

here are a few photos of our latest activities:

5 comments:

Lia Leenstra said...

wow I can not believe school is almost done. How was the Kindergarten program? Tell Dewey we loved the bat outfit. The kids are getting big - especially Juliet! We (the kids and I) hope to see you next week sometime - wishing big!! I hate last minuete, but things are so up in the air here! We miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

Was that pic of Stacey before or after the "the spill"?

Triplet Mom said...

When am I ever odd?

MiniMe Mom said...

A girls night out? Jealous I am. Do I spy a martini glass in the background?

Love the pix of Juliet smiling.

Laurie said...

Ahhhh summer. No schedule, warm weather, sand in everything and squabbling kids.

Bring --- it --- on!