Sunday, July 06, 2008

"you better write that down..."


My Mother always tells me to write down things that my kids say or do, so I'll remember. Her mother told her the same.

I guess one of the biggest reasons that I blog is to have a record of our day to day lives. To someday look back on this chapter of our family life and see photos, read my thoughts, or maybe laugh about something I may have forgotten.

I am annoyed with myself for letting the past 3 months get away from me with not a lot of blogging. There have been so many things to note following Juliet's birth. I want to do a little bit of back tracking with my next few blog posts, looking back and sharing some thoughts. It may be boring for most of you, but it will help me do what my mom so lovingly suggests:

"You better write that down."

After all, mother knows best.

Next post: Juliet Joins the Family.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A post, telling us that there are going to be future posts, is pretty weak. It's like the news people taking up time telling us what they are going to tell us about "coming up" when they don't have enough content to fill the 1/2hr time slot

tami said...

I love the new haircut.

MiniMe Mom said...

Looking forward to some funnies.

I have a Word document that I type all those random memories in. Not one to drag down the baby book every time, that works pretty well for me and that way at least I have it on paper.

Old School said...

I blog for the readers comments

Anonymous said...

I think this was just a post to show a new haircut!?!?

Michelle said...

perhaps, anonymous... whoever you are...

Anonymous said...

Quit telling all our secrets braaaaaaad.

I think anonymous is right and that she has no good content to give us. (Just like the news)

Michelle said...

I dare you not to check my blog.
even if it is old news.

you just can't stop and you know it!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Talk about old news. Have you read Tami's blog lately?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you take my mothers advice and mine to " write that down". You won't be sorry. I wish I could remember everything you and your sibs did and said that was so special. Your kids will appreciate it too someday. are you gonna have a blog book printed?