Sunday, August 17, 2008

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...


Tonight Dan asked me when exactly I see myself going back to work. A trick question for sure.

It was about this time a year ago I told Dan I was pregnant again. One of the reasons he was not as thrilled as I with the news was that another child would set me back a number of years from getting back into the working world full time, and contributing to our family's income.

I've been playing that game in my mind. You know, that one that says:

"IF YOU HAD IT TO DO OVER AGAIN, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?"
It seems unproductive to think about such things, yet I wander there anyway. Who would not like a do over or two??

Specifically speaking about a career do over, I know what I should have done after high school, I wish I would have done it, and I really could not do anymore.

Can you guess what I woulda, shoulda, coulda done?

9 comments:

Dana said...

You couldn't do it anymore??? Hmmm... Professional cheerleader? Soap opera star? Olympic shot putter?

Laurie said...

Personal shopper? Hair model? Professional blogger?

It must involve a lot of schooling since you write that you should have started after high school ... hmmmm ... no ideas. It really would help if I met you more than once before.:)

Sonny Huisman said...

Dana . . . Professional Cheerleader? Fig would NEVER allow that!

Chelle - you'd be great at so many things - and it's never to late . . .

Anonymous said...

Mac salesman

Tina said...

computer programmer...i.e. nerd!

Anonymous said...

chelle-

i agree with "duh." since you profess your love for your mac on a regular basis i think you could get a job at an apple store and work your way up to some cushy job at corporate with the corner office and everything. the only problem i forsee is that you will spend all of your paycheck on the much "needed" new gadgets that apple constantly puts out. besides that, maybe you could become a famous blogger like perez hilton or something.

-amanda

Anonymous said...

Ewe, Sonny, a professional cheerleader? At least she would have to grow her hair longer. I think I could see you doing E-boy's job.

Anonymous said...

I could see you doing my job much easier than Fig does.  Last time I went on vacation for a week it took me a month of 24/7 work to straighten out all the things he goofed up!

holly said...

I am so curious. . . no guesses from me. I know we talked about this out at the cottage, but I am not sure you mentioned it. Do tell!!