Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...part two

Many good, some flattering, and other just plain odd guesses by my fellow bloggers.

Some of the following made me smile:
Professional Blogger? I'm positive I make too many grammatical errors, and could I really make $$ droning on about MiniVans and Macs?

Hair model? I have always thought of my hair as severely lacking...but that guess was closer.

Cheerleader? Come now, many of you have seen me dance. Too tall, white girl rhythm, anyone? I have one dance move, and it isn't smooth.

Mac Salesgirl/nerd? Well, I hate to say that I didn't start my love affair with all things Apple until about 2001 with my very first used iMac. Believe it or not, I very rarely used a computer until then.


If I had a "do over" in career pursuit I would have gone to cosmetology school and learned the ins and outs of cutting, waxing, curling, and styling! How invaluable this skill would be for me now as a mom at home, and as a woman who must always tweak my hair on a regular (some might say excessive) basis.

Simple really, but it is one of those I could just kick myself moments for not pursuing it back in '94.

Is it truly never too late??

8 comments:

Dana said...

You can SO still do that.

(Yes, I realize I wrote that in high school jargon. Intentionally.)

natalie said...

yes you can michelle! and i will be your first paying customer :)

Michelle said...

It would take less than a year to pursue that and I would be your second paying customer if I don't bet Natalie :)

Katie said...

You should do it - and right from your house too so I will cut my hair more than once every 6 months!

tami said...

It's a great career. There have times when I was working full time thinking I don't want to do this forever, but it is perfect for the stay at home mom. Now if you could just get Rob working on my salon in the basement.

Sonny Huisman said...

It is TOTALLY NOT TOO LATE!

I would be a paying customer too!

You could so easily take classes in the PM . . . and before you know it you'd be up and running.

You need to do this, Chelle! How cool would it be to be able to work out of your own house . . . be flexible in your times etc? Plus you would be awesome at it! You have a real eye for COOL!

denise said...

I've been waiting for someone in the fam to take up cosmetology! You'd be great and so close to home - I'd just have to walk down the hill! I say go for it!! Cleaning the office isn't going to pay many bills (if Johnny decides to give it up!)

Anonymous said...

chelle-

it is most certainly not too late! do you want to hit 40...50...60 and STILL think coulda shoulda woulda? and it sounds like you would have a lot of customers already and they aren't even sure if you'de be any good! i say go for it!

-amanda