Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New York, NY



I can barely describe what it is about NYC. All of the romantic, energizing, fantastical things you think are true about New York --are indeed true! On top of that , we have friends that live there. Experiencing NYC with someone who lives and works there is such a gift. My trip was a surprise from Dan, a break from all things mommy.

Looking back it was a musically themed weekend.
We dropped in at Rockwood Music Hall
a new music artist or band takes the stage each hour, every hour.
Standing room only, but no cover charge!


We ripped up the Karaoke mike at Japas
Garth Brooks never sounded so good.

We raised our hands in praise at City Grace


We rocked out on South End Ave.

If that wasn't enough, we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Trammed it over to Roosevelt Island (thought by some as Mayberry-- thought be me as a NYC I could conquer)

On my last morning I strolled by myself along the Hudson river looking out at the Statue of Liberty. I caught my breath, I prayed, I simply sat on a bench. Not in so many years have I had that much time to be completely alone.
For me, it took going to a city where there are 70,595 ppl per sq. mile to find a little solace.

Thank You Wolmas, Thank You Dan! Thank You Mom H.(for taking care of my family while I was away and getting barfed on yet again)

This last pic is of D and I. Do we look like a couple of schoolmarms, or what?
We haven't aged a bit. ?


All that and so much more~because NYC is the city that never sleeps, and neither did I! ~smile~

4 comments:

fig said...

Chelle and Dana, what a pair. Really, I had some questions about the two of you back in the day but both of have gone above and beyond my expectations. Well done. NY and all that music stuff, well not my cup of tea. Oh well.

braaaaaaaad said...

I'm sure glad some people like it/want to be there - keeps them from crowding where I like to be!

Mom H said...

You girls were beautiful back then and still are! Glad you were given the opportunity to be together and glad I could be of help.

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Did you consult each other about going from curls to straight hair??