Friday, September 11, 2009

Back to School, Back to Blogging.

I do believe this has been my longest absence from the blog.

80 days.
I guess I needed the break, and now I am ready to remember and record. Get cozy, you may or may not have asked for this...

In the spirit of Back to Schoolers everywhere, I humbly submit my childlike essay:

What I did on my Summer Vacation. by Chelle

The goofy weather this season left me waiting and wondering when Summer 2009 would begin. While I was waiting, we made good use of the time. First we went to the Brummel family cottage. The weather was a little chilly but you can see, we made our own fun.


selling shells for profit

Mac nerds unite!

troublemakers.

a bike ride to cool my jets...

Next up was our weekly outdoor event. With the purpose of exploring our community and getting to know friends both new and old we attended Picnic in the Park Thursdays.
For 11 weeks we had fun whether it was rainy, cloudy, humid, or sunshine-y. (photo props to Cara VD & Nat)

Pokemon cards may or may not have been traded in this photo.


refreshing.


looks like a nice Autumn day in mid June

The good times kept rolling along with our annual week out at Payne Lake. Grandpa H. was on the other side of the earth (So. Africa) so it was Mother, me and the kids. Highlights included mini-golfing, corn-hole tourneys, and ice cream getting. Not much swimming this trip. Again, too cold.

a friendly game.




Grandma takes some of the grandkids for a walk.


After all this family fun, I looked forward to a bit of adult convo. July allowed me two nights out with the girlz!

high school hotties

this group sure can attract a crowd (wink,wink)


4th of July @ Payne Lake





the rooster firecrackers seemed especially appropriate.


Wow, so much activity away from home! Not only was there happenings away from the Hill, much was taking place literally IN OUR BACK YARD!



you guessed it, the first egg!

This photo, taken by Katie, catches Dan deep in thought about whether the first batch of chickens were Roosters or Hens. (sometimes it is hard to tell, people) You see, hens were what we were interested in, 5 roosters is what we had. When it was all said and done, a quick and easy exchange gave us 5 egg layers and we were back in business!


Camping. A third attempt at the perfect vacation. Oh, how we all looked forward to this week. We booked the campsites sometime back in March. We planned, we prepared-- it rained. Having whined that, personally speaking, I enjoyed all moments of our small group camping '09 adventure. A few pix:


Bike time.


Food time.


Sleepy time.


Craft time.


fire time.


Messing around in the trailer in our pajamas time.

To put an exclamation point on an unusual but jam packed summer vacation we had one more event left in us-- the Luau. Brad and Stacey hosted a celebratory gathering and we enjoyed the company of family, friends and Erik's mad DJ skillz...

It appears that while I was waiting for summer to begin, summer was happening all around me. It was a memorable one. So much so that I just didn't want to let it go when school time came a knocking. But that is a different post for another day.

Farewell Summer '09, we enjoyed you.


6 comments:

Katie said...

Good to see you back here again. It was quite the summer. I still laugh when I see the picture of dan gazing at his roosters :)

Unknown said...

welcome back to blogger world!!!

braaaaaaaaad said...

Why does that little girl's tights not go all the way up?

(Oh and about time we have something new to look at!)

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh, Braaaaaad. Tights are so 2008.

Babylegs. When they are in diapers, they are the way to go.

Aunt Cher said...

Good to see you posting again. I almost gave up on you.

G&G Hopkins said...

These pics made our day!! See we did have a great summer after all! Thanks for helping me to see it!The last picture is PRICELESS!!! Chelle you really could write,professionally I mean.