Friday, April 16, 2010

Indescribable Pain, Indescribable Peace

Yesterday I didn't think I would utter another word on this blog. 

Ever.

I had been struggling with blogging, Facebook, and how much of myself was out there for the world to know.  I  had been wanting to take back some of my privacy and was figuring out how best to do so.

The experiences of this week puts my thoughts, my whole life in a new perspective.

Last night,  as we returned home from our hospital stay,   we were welcomed by so many emails, text messages , cards,  and  phone calls.  Loving expression of encouragement, love and sympathy.
I am left feeling so unimaginably grateful for this outpouring.     We felt your prayers,  we felt God's presence.   I may not have known this comfort if I had not taken the simple step of doing something normal and seemingly unnecessary as checking my email,  and Facebook.    Social networking and blogging was starting to seem to me as as a worldy distraction,   but I realized today,  it  has blessed us beyond measure.

Every word we have received from our friends,  family, community and even people I hardly know well has brought us closer to the peace we seek.    Thank you,  Thank you all.

I am still me,  and I want to share my thoughts and thanks.   For today,  it helps.

An update to our story...

With my loving husband at my side ,
I delivered our 5th child,  a daughter  April 15 at 4:12a.m.
We had extremely loving doctors at our side,  who I know were placed there by God to help us through.   She was precious and so very tiny,   weighing not even 1 pound.    We held her,  we gazed at her,  we love her.

She was already with Jesus.

We did not officially name her since we had no names even chosen at this early time.    I didn't want to randomly  give the baby a name I didn't love.     While we didn't yet know if she was boy or girl,    I had nicknames in mind  "Little Shelly"  or "Little Danny"   because he or she was a part of us.

Truly, I don't know exactly how to live my life after this kind of loss and feeling this sadness,  but we will.

God will make a way,
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm praying for strength in the days and weeks ahead I pray that somehow, somewhere you will see blesses from God in this painful time. Lean on the Lord.

Matt 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they WILL be comforted.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chelle - THANK YOU for sharing with those who love you! We are praying for God to keep His loving arms around you and to give you the peace and understanding that only He can give. We love you!! Aunt Marva

Ps. 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.

Dawn said...

Chelle & Dan...& family,

We are praying for you!!! I'm having a hard time right now keeping the tears back!! I weep with you my friend....

Love
Dawnie

Denise said...

My precious, most favorite daughter-in-law...I know that God will use you in wonderful ways to be a blessing to others through your grief and pain as so many others have already been to you. Your testimony to His grace is amazing. You are loved more than you know. Mom D

Sonny Huisman said...

(((((((((((((you))))))))))))))))

That's me hugging you!

Thank you for sharing with us - for being real - for being vulnerable.

Your faith and testimony, even in this dark time, is amazing. I echo Denise's sentiments . . . you have already been a blessing to many of us as you walk through this valley . . . and God is going to use this test to bring forth a testimony - a great blessing to others - and great honor to His name.

I love you, sister . . .

Mom H said...

Our dear Dan & Michelle, It's hard to find the words to express how much we love you and the pain we as parents feel for you in your loss of your little girl, our granddaughter.And to think that our God loves you and hurts for you so much more than we can even fathom.Your testimony to God's provision of grace and peace when you most needed it in the past days is awesome to hear.We know you will continue to need His grace and the love and support of family and friends.It WILL be there for you.We love you with all our hearts! Dad & Mom
I heard a song today that was so beautiful.You have probably heard it before.But I listened to it in a new way today.
"Better Than An Alleuia"
I can only remember part of one line... to God "the honest cries of a broken heart are better than an alleuia"

Laurie said...

Chelle - Thanks for sharing your story which is now your family's story of God's love and provision of peace in the midst of pain and loss.

Praying for you.

Marc said...

Michelle -

Just returned home from Wisconsin, where we laid my wife's 83 year old grandfather to rest. Your post was the first thing I stumbled across on facebook, and I can only imagine what you, Dan, and the kids must be going through now.

The best thing I can think of to leave with you is Grandpa's favorite passage, Psalm 73:23-26, and the knowledge that you and yours will be in my prayers.

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.

You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Melissa said...

Michelle and Dan, your words are precious, and your baby girl is so very precious as well. You have been heavy on my heart, and I just pray for God's loving arms to hold you so tightly.