Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My womb is empty, but my arms are Full !!

The most beautiful thing  happened today.
I need to share it so I remember it when I am feeling dark and sorrowful.  

Just moments ago,  grief was overtaking me.   Sometimes  I turn on some music,  to right my soul.   I clicked into my iTunes and chose  Blessed Be The Name.


My little 2yd old came running in from the living room and asked to be lifted up.  So we danced,  I sang.  I cried through the phrase "You give and take away"   and  "My heart will choose to say... Lord, Blessed be Your Name.  

In that moment dancing in the kitchen I am choosing to say---

Not being able to keep April with us here on earth is excruciating--  but God is good. 

I don't and will not completely understand why we were given the hope of another child,  only to have it end so suddenly--     but hope endures.  

You give and take away,  but my heart will choose to say,  Lord Blessed be Your Name.

Perhaps music doesn't move you like it does me, 
but as Juliet and I were dancing,  
and I was singing loudly-- 

she fell asleep.  

In my arms.     
(this never happens, by the way)

In the midst of all the musical emotional chaos, 
I felt the heaviness of a sleeping toddler in my arms.   

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name.



 

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh Chelle. That song would get me every time (usually in church) and I would try to silently cry. What a sweet moment to share with Juliet. I also used to listen to this song by Natalie Grant, "Held" again and again.

Hugs and prayers.

Mom H said...

We sang "Blessed Be Your Name" in church Sun morning. I knew it would have been hard for you & Dan to sing, it was hard for us. I'm sure many people were thinking and praying for you guys during the song. I'm thankful you could sing it today with our precious Juliet asleep in your arms.( that is hard to imagine, but I believe it)Our God continues to give good gifts!

Unknown said...

that song gets me too!!! (I am bailing like a baby right now.) I just have to tell you; It's the song that was in my head all day on sweet April's birthday.

I'm glad you are able to record this precious moment with Juliet. Thanks for sharing with us again. I have been so blessed by your testimony and your faith in God through this hardship in your family's lives. I pray that God will continue to give you happy moments to get you through this dark valley. We love you guys so much.