Monday, August 02, 2010

pieces of joy ...continued

picking up where I left off in the last post,

more wedding merriment...

Dan's sister Betsy and Nick were wed the following weekend in a ceremony and reception here on the Hill.   A beautiful day it was as we witnessed them pledge themselves to God and each other.   Each of the little nieces and nephews had a special role in the wedding.

It was pure joy to see Chase and Madison read the scripture during the ceremony.

Witnessing loved ones commit themselves to God and each other and celebrating under a big tent on the Hill = a piece of joy.

Payne Lake Vacay 2010
Nothing says summer quite like time at the lake.   The little green cottage has been apart of my life since before I was born. :)  
 This year our week came following all of the wedding excitement.
Washing up in the lake with Grandpa Hopkins




















 every moment about that week =pieces of joy.



This is not to say that the entire month was painless.   I have watched the bellies swell of pregnant friends.    Even now sleep often eludes me and my thoughts force me to recount every moment of April's existence.    I still find myself staring out windows or at the heavens and cry,  thinking about what should have,   could have been,  and Lord-- what will be? ? ?

Joy is returning because God is guiding me to see through the grief.   He has given me a very perceptive heart and lays upon me a sense of knowing when joy is present.   I am so thankful for that.   It started out as a matter of will to see the good that remained after April's death and delivery,  now it comes more naturally.    Adding together these pieces leads me to the realization that He is working.    For me,  restored joy isn't one major event or incident.  It is an ongoing metamorphosis of my heart and mind.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

The kids are counting down the days until we go to the cottage and they get to tube behind the Mastercraft with Uncle Dave pulling them into the lilypads. =)

Mom H said...

That was a great week at the cottage!Never a dull moment:)Great weather, (unlike last year)all 3 kids skiing,buns giving a show every night,lightening for Dewey:( lazy mornings, your friends visiting, and topping it off with the Hawiian Bday Party, just to mention a few highlights.Love the pictures! We're so glad so many can enjoy the "little green cottage" thanks to Great Grandpa Hopkins.