Monday, August 02, 2010

pieces of joy.

When I last left this blog I wanted to take a hiatus of sorts.   Well,   I did my best.   I may have popped up a time or two on the social networking scene.  ;-)

July was a month filled with moments to celebrate and pieces of joy.    It feels good to say that.   I began the summer 2010 with words and feelings of lament.   At that time,  what summer meant to me was just a countdown to a hopeless and no longer needed due date.    I remember thinking at one point  "just get it over with,  already!"  Negativity and cynicism was etching its way into my attitude.  I was sure this summer was going to be a complete and total bust. 

I've prayed,  I pray for restored joy.   In the beginning I kind of thought that one day I would wake up and joy in my life would triumphantly return,  and in one fell swoop sadness would be wiped away.   God hears and He delivers in ways only He can.  Looking  back on my short journey so far I see that evidences of joy returning.   It came in the form of choices I've made,   facing things that hurt,  and above all God's workings.

As is my style,  I tell my story through snapshots.    Here is what hiatus was all about...


IKEA/Allegan Antique Fair
Hop in the diesel and ride where the wind takes us.   In this case to IKEA and Allegan.

These ladies  Jamie, Nat, & Cara have been so loving and supportive. They've walked with me every step of this road.   They have listened to my story countless times,  cried with me,  prayed with me.  This summer we have experienced quite a bit of fun together too as evidenced by the goodies found at Allegan antiques market.


These friends= pieces of joy

Aprils garden.
A few months back when we initially created and cultivated this garden I was excited.   Excited only for it to bloom again next spring.   I wanted to plant it and forget it until  April 2011.   In my mind a year from April's death would mean a full year of healing.  Surely I would be in a better place next spring and summer.

As the weeks went by and I could see things begin to bloom and blossom I was pleased and sometimes tormented.   The flowers were beautiful,  but I wasn't supposed to be growing a memorial garden,  I was supposed to be growing  my baby.    Even so,  April's garden is a piece of joy.



Weddings
Summer is the season for weddings and  we had 2 wedding weekends in a row!  The first was a friends out in Spring Lake area.   It was so nice to get out as adults.  To eat, drink and be merry.  A welcome change from crying, hurting, and questioning.

A quick jaunt to Pronto Pups between the wedding and reception!


A great night with my parents and siblings= a piece of joy.


more to come...

3 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

I am so honored to be a part of your joy.

Truly.

You know I love you, and long for the day that this all is easier for you.

MiniMe Mom said...

.....and I love to see pictures of all the fun things you have done this month. The cottage pictures are priceless, as is the one at Allegan Fair:-)

Kristy said...

Did you stop for a "Boardwalk Turtle Sundae" after the "Pronto Pups"? Two must haves when visiting GH! =)

It is the "pieces of joy" that help us move forward through the hard times. I have come to realize this with the many occasions that I wish my mother could attend. I continue to keep you in my prayers.