Monday, November 22, 2010

For the love of Barney.

She does not look very excited,  but I sure was.   According to my calculations,  she was the only Barney for miles and miles that Halloween night.   I scored a steal of a deal for this costume on Ebay.  Imagine that?  Barney costumes were not going for top dollar!

Each one of our kids have been interested obsessed with certain fictional characters right around age 2.   Chase had Thomas the Tank Engine,  Drew loved SpiderMan,  Joy adored Care Bears.    Juliet is charmed by Barney.  Yes, the purple dinosaur from 1990.

Come on...go ahead and sing Barney's theme song with me...  "I Love You,  You Love Me,  We're a Happy Family"... 

I just had to record this pic for the family archives as I am certain this love for all things Barney will pass just as the Big Three have moved on from their 2 year old infatuations.    Perhaps, this time it's for the greater good of our family.  When I hear Dan humming Barney tunes in the shower and the thought of Chase at school accidentally singing a Barney jingle because he can't get it out of his head-- poor kid,  that might be a tad embarassing.  

The only two that unapologetically enjoy Barney's musical stylings are Drew and Juliet.   As evidenced by this photo I snapped during Barney's Greatest Hits.  Just a sweet moment from a seemingly never ending week with Dan out of state.  

I Love You,  You Love Me,  We're a Happy Family.  
With a Great Big Hug and a Kiss from Me to You, 
Won't you say You Love Me too?   
---Barney
 It sounds idyllic, does it not?

No comments: