Monday, March 14, 2011

the crib in the corner and her memory on the wall

Well, there it is.

The crib in the corner.   Again.

It was only a short 2 years ago that we moved it out of our bedroom much to Dan's dismay.   Juliet was one year old and needed to get her buns in Joy's room and take up residence.  
The crib itself had a brief hiatus from use for about 2 months after we moved the girls to bunk beds.   Back in January, my heart was not ready for the crib to stand at the ready for a baby that was not close enough to coming.   By February, we repainted our bedroom and I had to ride the wave of Dan's motivation for makeover.   So the crib is up,  the pinky flower car seat is free of mouse turds from our basement and I've even busted out the old breastfeeding paraphernalia.

It feels good,  I feel ready as I'll ever be ... for 5 kids.


A special addition to our room,  11 months the making,  is the shadow box.
It contains the few pieces of memorabilia that we have from the pregnancy and loss of our baby, April.   I delivered her, nearing what would have been my 17th week of pregnancy,  last April 15.  
sorry about the photo quality, I am the WORST photog. !!

I don't know why it has taken 11 months to create something I wanted to do immediately.   Partly because I am a procrastinator,  partly because I think I just needed to keep them in the box,  in the drawer,  until I was ready.    Who knows?    But I am happy with the result.   Someday I will tell this little one about another, even smaller one that came before her.    A story that tells of God's hand,  His will,  His comfort,  His sovereignty and how very much I have yet to learn.

4 comments:

Mom H said...

I'm waiting in eager anticipation for the arrival of your precious daughter. I love the Shadow Box !!! Can't wait to see it up close. Bet Joy is THRILLED! Love mom

Unknown said...

Love the shadow box!!!!

Jamie said...

The shadow box turned out beautiful! LOVE IT!

natalie said...

i would agree...the shadow box looks great! glad you got it done!