Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my mom's 54th Birthday. Let me tell you, they don't get much better than Judy Hopkins. My whole family has been blessed for our entire lives by such a selfless, giving, person. Sometimes I can hardly believe how fortunate I am that she is my mom! She personifies what is written in Proverbs 31.

The wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth more than rubies...

Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value...

She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy...

She is clothed with strength and dignity: she can laugh at the days to come...

Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and her praises her:
Many women do noble things but you surpass them all.

These are some of the verses that describe our mom. I strive to be like that. We all had a very busy day in our own little world. I hope the day does not pass without her feeling just how much we love her and appreciate the dedication she has to her faith, family, and community.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelle, This is my 2nd attempt to comment on your blog. At the risk of appearing stupid I will reveal that I wrote last nite but didn't know I had to sign up and all. I just thought it would magically appear. I was so touched by your loving words. I surely don't deserve all that praise but thankyou and I'm sorry it took me so long to read it. I think you're

Anonymous said...

con't) a wonderful, loving mother in spite of that procrastination station. I think it's great that you can laugh at yourself and admit your shortcomings. We all need to do that more. I pray you have a blessed birthday tomorrow and don't get too down about being 30. Age is just a state of mind.Keep thinking young! And hey,maybe you can remain in a time warp like me & Dad(Stacey's words)