Sunday, March 12, 2006

What My Parents Do For Fun??


Recently there has been a problem at my parents home. Let's call it in infestation. Their home is filled with Box Elder Bugs . See photo.

They are on the windows, crawling around on the carpet and such. Now understand that my Dad and Mom are clean people they don't live in filth. I know of no particular reason why the bugs have made a home there. What I find interesting about the situation is how attached they have become to the little "buggers." In fact, just tonight my Mom said,
"Oh, we like to watch them race across the carpet."
"One is Dad's and one is mine."

Can you just picture Dave and Judy sitting on the couch cheering their bugs to the finish line??? It certainly brings a smile to my face.

Is this what empty-nesters resort to for entertainment?

Yikes.

6 comments:

Old School said...

Hey Chelle,

I really know what they do for fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, we have these nasty things in our basement, and our house is only 1 year old. The only way that we have found to get rid of them is to use the vacuum. Everything that we know of, is caulked and sealed tight. And to make things worse the dogs like to play with and sometimes eat them.
Cousin Kristy

Michelle said...

Oh raging cow? Care to elaborate on what they really do for fun? Remember this is a pg-13 rated Blog.

Old School said...

No Comment, I plead the fifth.

Old School said...

No Comment, I plead the fifth.

Anonymous said...

It sure beats domminos or racko! By the way I am ahead 25 to 30. At least I don't give them names.