Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Why Does the "Big 3-0" Bother Me So?


This is the first day of my thirties, sigh. Some of you out there who have experienced 30 come and go are probably thinking, "Honestly, Michelle, find something better to whine about. But today is my only chance to vent about it and this is my blog after all. So my one or two faithful readers will have to put up with it for a few more verses...

Maybe your 30th birthday is like one of those events that you look forward to and then after it happens there is some kind of let down and you can't believe it's over. For example, a wedding, or a really great vacation.
Maybe I was secretly looking forward to this milestone and now that I have reached it, it really isn't that life changing. Yes, that's it. I always thought turning 30 would mean full maturity as a parent, a Christian, and a wife. Is that what bothers me? Did I not meet the expectations I set for myself way back when in my early 20s? Sure, I am currently a wife/mom/Christian, but am I really reaching my potential at all of these roles? Why does a simple birthday conjure up such deep thoughts? Wait, don't answer that.

I'll spare you the remainder of my self-analysis for now. :) And I promise no more grumbling about turning the "Big 3-0".

The most wonderful thing about today is that I get to share a birthday with our precious daughter Joy. Happy Birthday Joy! More to come on that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelle - Quit your worrying you are now starting to act like your mother. You look better now (long hair) than you did in high school. Should I start wearing a Bro or Mansier? Fig

Anonymous said...

The big 3-0 no way. I remember when you were at an end of Lippert's party and your dad was worried about Korree (strange kid) hanging out with his little girls. Or Donny asking out his Jr. High daughter. You were already a heartbreaker WAY back then.

Anonymous said...

A bra is for ladies, a bro is for men