Tuesday, June 27, 2006

online confessions



Right now I wish I was Catholic. I could then tell the priest of my transgression and he would give the formula for forgiveness.

Of the many sins I have surely committed today,
one in particular keeps creeping to the forefront of my mind.

It didn't happen exactly like this photo, but it it did occur in the parking lot of a grocery store. I was racing the clock to get Chase to T-ball on time and had to quickly run in and out of D & W to get a snack for the team. After a breaking my personal record for in and out of the store with 3 kids, I opened my passenger side door and Ding! right into the car next to me. Here is my confession. I did not wait for the person to come out of the store instead I hurriedly buckled my kids into their car seats and hammered out of there.

I feel quite bad about this. The thing about this situation is that I cannot make it right. Normally when I screw up, I can at least apologize or somehow make up for the mistake I'd made. I will never know who's car I dinged and they won't be able to track me down. Seems like the perfect crime, huh?

I don't religiously believe in Karma, maybe more so the law of "what goes around comes around"

Someone needs to come and ding up my van door, put me out of my misery.

Any other online confessions out there??

8 comments:

Dana said...

Didn't you have your van dinged multiple times not too long ago? Maybe what goes around comes around--just in the opposite way you thought :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Chelle, just park near DeVo or Ross and they will do the number on you van - they did to me.

Triplet Mom said...

Or, you can let me borrow your van (because I DON'T HAVE ONE YET!) and I will be sure to back into something in our driveway! I did it with Nizer's car!

Watch out when you park in the hospital parking garage tonight! Those narrow spaces are begging for dings!

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't back your parents van into your father-in-laws truck causing damage to both. We were home visiting from Colorado at the time. I am suprised they wanted us to move back.

Anonymous said...

When we sell Avalanches we set them up to back into anything,,, I think one of our customers (Fig Hopkins) has had his avalanche back into at least three cars already, one red grand prix, one grandpa gray buick and a geo metro in Gulf Shores, so park next to that guy..

Anonymous said...

Go on vacation with Tim, You will have a Mexican run into your rear quarter panel

Anonymous said...

Go on vacation with Tim, You will have a Mexican run into your rear quarter panel

denhartigh said...

That's why we have no fault insurance here. I did the same thing yesterday. Oops cause I have no guilt... is that bad??