Friday, June 02, 2006

Girls Gone Wild!


Well, not exactly. Tonight I am leaving for a Girls Getaway to Cadillac. I will be gone for a whole 24 hours!!!! We started this tradition about 7-8 years ago and this year has special meaning, I think. It is quite possible that not even one of us girls is pregnant this year. Between this group of women there are 17 kids aged 6 down to 1 year. Our "camping" trips used to be actually camping and it used to be more that 24 hours. But as time went on our husbands didn't love the thought of being stuck with the kids for a whole weekend. Tonight is a sort of farewell to Dana as she and Steve will be moving to NYC by August. I have always found blessing in this group of ladies. We don't see each other as a group very often but we can always count on each other for a listening ear, advice, and encouragement. There will be a void without Dana around in this little corner of the world. We are excited to see Steve and Dana answering God's call and I want to give them my wholehearted support and faithful prayer.

Tomorrow at this time I will not be waking up to the boys fighting, or Joy yelling for me from her bed that she wants milk. Rather I will wake up to all my coffee chugging friends, some of which will have been up long before me since I am not a morning person and this is my one chance to sleep in. Cadillac here we come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too will miss Walm and Dana-Man.. What a great call and vision. That is quite a picture of Chelle and all her clones.

Anonymous said...

What an exciting, scary, stressful, happy, and crazy time those Wolmas are in for. We tried to warn them. : ) But you just can't stop God and his plans. I am glad we got to know them and wish them much love and prayers. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words and prayers. We'll surely keep in touch.

And, Big Dave, how about "Dana-WOman?" I like the sounds of that...