Thursday, July 20, 2006

Before and After


I love those before and after photos. Haircuts, weight loss, surgery,home improvements, repair jobs, etc.

While Dan is away in Petoskey this week I have been tackling a few home projects of my own. Honestly, we are not pigs, but our basement tends to get a tad out of control from time to time. Here are the before and after photos following three days straight of my kids playing downstairs all day.



Kids have an uncanny ability to seek out and destroy anything neat and orderly. I swear when Drew woke up the next morning and his radar was set to the toy room, he was immediately dumping out the toys looking for some old McDonalds toy that I threw out the day before!!

Why do I bother? I don't know what is more frustrating~~ Biting the bullet and cleaning up the mess hole or watching them systematically recreate the mess hole.

Whatcha gonna do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not understand it either. Our playroom always looks like a tornado has gone through it and puked everything out into the other rooms. Then when I tell the kids that it time to clean it up they always respond with "But we are still playing with it, can't we just leave it to play with tomorrow? We have it all set up the way we like it, mom." What I do not get is how can they find anything? Lately I just close the door and figure I will deal with it tomorrow. What's a Mom to do???

Anonymous said...

Hmm, an age old problem. It seems to me there once was a girl whos room was so full of "junk" I could hardly walk thru it. Mostly clothes, cosmetics, books, pictures, even old pizza boxes all on the floor. The bed was never made. There was dust on anything that was not covered with "junk". She turned out neat and nice. Who would have thunk? Chelle?

Michelle said...

yes fig, remember when you "tried to teach me a lesson" and brought those dirty dishes down to my room? I was like "oh, well... doesn't bother me. i was untouchable! :) nice try though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I wish I knew the "Girl Song" back then, maybe that would have helped.