Friday, July 21, 2006

I am fricking June Cleaver!!


Last night I was vacuuming the stairs with a skirt on, and tonight --8pm--on a Friday night I am cleaning tubs and toilets! What has become of me???? I have reincarnated the spirit of June Cleaver complete with a Wally (Chase) and Beaver (Drew, of course).

I used to be so happenin', I used to go out on Friday nights. I used to hardly ever, almost never vacuum the stairs. Much has changed. Life has changed. I'm not complaining, I feel that I often resemble a mom in the 50s--staying at home with no outside job, cooking, cleaning, laundering, and keeping my kids occupied while the husband is out bringing home the bacon. I do enjoy it, but often feel a little outdated in today's society. Dan warns we that my days of truly being a SAHM are numbered. Once the kids are in school--to work I will go. So for now I better enjoy being June, and maybe whip up some fresh baked cookies or something, wearing a dress and an apron, of course.

11 comments:

Dana said...

Your equally hip friend here, reading blogs on a Friday night. It's either that, or watch my terribly guilty pleasure show, "Las Vegas". I don't care what the tabloids say, Lara Flynn Boyl is still skinny as heck.

Anonymous said...

Michelle - I remember the friday nites when you and I would rock out to some 80's music in the bathroom on Kelekent all the while curling our already curly hair and applying mountians of schlack (otherwise known as hairspray) to our hair while Dana was on a date so we could meet up with her at the dance at the Knights of Columbus (is that the longest sentence ever? dang). You would be saying things like "Sha" and I would be saying things like "dude". We would wear lots of plaid shirts along with the good jeans and then cute tennies. We would drive in the calvaclear and NOT SMOKE (that's in case your mom and dad are reading) and we would drive straight to the dance. Oh the good old days. We would be so cool if we still did that every Friday night. But we have grown and become mature and now I just drink a lot of wine and do all of my cleaning on Friday nites. Sometimes I even cut Lilly's hair then. Not a great idea - just fyi. Well I am off to do things like pick up and stop at the market. I think you are the hottest June Cleaver out there.
Julie Lenger Harkless

Triplet Mom said...

I will be soon joining the ranks of the "June Cleavers". You will have to give me lots of pointers on how to keep my sanity. I still think you are way more fashionable than I am, so you aren't doing too bad... although I know you want to stop shopping so much now! We will have to limit ourselves to ONLY clearance racks now!

Old School said...

I got nothing to say, I'm still cool!

Anonymous said...

June Cleaver has got nothing over you, Chelle. Just look at her hair. Too Short! Even Eddie Haskow doesn't like it. Well at least she doesn,t smoke. Hey, Lenger still talks a lot does,t she?

Anonymous said...

I find this blog distracting!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I find Dave distracting. It takes a lot of words to get out what I really want to say - unless I am swearing - which I still do a lot by the way also. I am just so dang beautiful that I feel I must distract you from my beauty with all of the words I use. Blah Blah Blah - okay - yes I talk a lot (but I am pretty frickin funny). Red hair forever - Lenger

Anonymous said...

Who is Eddie Haskow, is he a cousin of Eddie Haskell?

Anonymous said...

Who let Lenger in here? Is there no one policing these things? If she talks too much maybe she'll just pass out. Too bad that can't happen while typing.

Michelle said...

bart left a comment on my blog--- i am so honored!

denhartigh said...

Tell me when the cookies are ready! I'll be stopping over :)