Thursday, January 04, 2007

a 1st grade understanding.


Below is a reproduction of a note that Chase wrote to us while riding in the car to a Christmas party.

Der mom and dad,
Ime isod for Christmas and isod too opin prisbuts but do you nuow wut is the ipotvat it is Gud.

Can you translate?

I am floored by the amount Chase has learned in 3 months. Although his spelling isn't perfect, his ability to express in written words what is on his mind and in his heart makes me swell with pride and praise God for his teachers, and his willingness to learn.

Dear Mom and Dad,
I'm exctied for Christmas and excited to open presents
but do you know what is important? It is God.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He spells better than Fig.

Anonymous said...

What speling misstakes? I fully undstan what he is riting. Sometimes he reminds me so much of me in my younger years - ya cant help but love him.