Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Coming up for air.

The season is almost complete. Parties, food, planning, buying, wrapping, more food, celebrating, reminiscing, reflecting, it has been a whilwind of a month. Now is the time when I need to get my butt in gear. A new year, a time of renewal yet again. And I'm not talking about my ever changing hair color.

Amidst the enjoyment of the holidays I've felt a real need to sit and ponder what God has done in 2006, and open my eyes to His will in 2007.
Reflecting on my previous blog posts has been a good summary of 2006, but I see many gaps. I know what I blogged about but also the things I did not. My life is not perfect, nor are my thoughts, or relationships.
There are people out there that think blogs are just a method of self promotion--"hey, look at me, my kids, my shiny little life."
I tend to disagree with those naysayers. While putting ones thoughts out there for others to read and maybe comment on is a bit of a display, but I also see it a form of expression, a place to catch up on others, one little place that we can share of ourselves. Call it what you will, but blogging has been a rather positive experience for me. I don't intend to make my blog a complete revelation of my life, just a window into it.

Anywho, as I breathe in the air of a new year, I hope to keep focus on what is important and not find so much distraction on the little annoyances of life, you know, the "ordinary stuff."
(for more on this thought see Grace in the City)

Happy New Year and Blog on, my friends, Blog on.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Ahhh, Ani.
I miss her.
She's been Out of Range for far too long; she's going straight into my iPod.

The best quote of the year, so far: "I don't intend to make my blog a complete revelation of my life, just a window into it."

Michelle said...

I'll take that as a compliment?????

:)

Dana said...

Yes, yes. It's a compliment.
To Ani and to you.