Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm still alive & kickin'

rather, I'm the one getting kicked.
The past two weeks our little one has made his/her presence known by wiggling and kicking. Coming soon we will have the opportunity via ultrasound to see if it is a boy or a girl. (although we haven't decided if we want to know) My kids have been offering up some name ideas most of which have not been great. Angel, Blossom, another Dewey, Bunny, Almanzo to name a few. Chase can only come up with names of kids in his class, and Joy's suggested names, well, sound like a stage name for an exotic dancer. sigh.

So the name game continues.

Much to be thankful for this season. Work for Dan, health, community, family are just the tip of the iceberg. Happy Thanksgiving and I pray you will enjoy the upcoming preparations for the celebration of Christ's Birth!

I hope to blog more frequently this month as there is always much going on in my mind and in my heart!

Love to all this day!

20 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

Almanzo? Yes, you have been watching a little too much Little House on the Prairie with your kids!

MiniMe Mom said...

How are your kids feeling? We missed you guys Saturday!

Anonymous said...

What about Judith? Somehow that oldie but goodie just can't make a comeback. I know you guys will come up with a great name. I have mixed feelings too about finding out the baby's sex. I want to know and yet it's so exciting to be surprised in that final moment. Either way, it will be wonderful,a new grandchild!Hope you and Dan haven't "bit the dust" yet( you know what I mean ) Love Ya

Anonymous said...

"If it's a girl, Delilah.

If it's a boy, Cody."

...and there you have it.

Anonymous said...

it's gonna be a boy...

and I think the name should be Brendan with a 't' in it. You know Brent.


B R E N T (he had to spell it out)

Unknown said...

I hope the boys are feeling better and the rest of you don't get it. We also missed you at small group!!

Anonymous said...

How about patrick?

Laurie said...

Alright, I will share my favorite girl name (and what Zach was going to be if he was a girl) but you must promise to love it! :)

Piper. It's cute, different, and sounds great every time you say it. I'm a little disappointed that Nick Jr. has a possum with that name that pops up between all their shows but *** sigh *** it's still cute.

MiniMe Mom said...

I always loved the name Cooper, but unfortunately for me, Cooper Bird sounds bad. So, he was Kayden:-)

Since I am as stuck with you for names, I cannot really offer you boy or girls names. Whatever it is, I am sure I will love it:-)

Anonymous said...

If Austin had been a girl, he would've been Ainsley....and I still love it!

Triplet Mom said...

I like Ainsley too! Put it on the list!

Triplet Mom said...

As far as boys... it better be Preston! That's right Dan!!

Triplet Mom said...

Yes! I like exclamation points!!!!!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Thanks all, for the the name ideas. You must realize that this baby's father likes traditional, regular names.

I am afraid he is not very daring and would not dig Piper, cute as it is. He probably would never pronounce Ainsley correctly, and as for Judith, we are still waiting for that one to make a comeback...

Do ya got any good names that start with "J" ?

Anonymous said...

Jim, Julie, Jennifer, Jack, Justin, Jamie,

Anonymous said...

JASON

Lia said...

Jason or Julia

Lia said...

Simon or Elizabeth

denise said...

whatever you decide will be wonderful. I tend to agree with Dan and like the more traditional names instead of trendy ones. At least now that you know it's a girl, you only need to come up with one name! Makes it a little easier! And no, I won't be offended if it's not Denise Gay, in fact I wouldn't put that on any little girl!