Thursday, December 04, 2008

my 4th baby.

It's true what they say you know. That your last child has only a small fraction of the photos taken of her than that your first child. That she will only have a few sketchy details filled in her baby book--usually written far after the event takes place. (hmmm...when did Juliet first roll over?? let's say around 4 months. that sounds about right)

When I heard seasoned mothers warn me of this injustice, I thought that they were just unmotivated. Surely I would devote as much attention to documenting the major events of my precious baby's first year and beyond.

Fail.

I now stare at a sealed pink baby book, flawless with no inscription. I remember driving the minivan around town h-bent on finding a baby book for Juliet. Nine months pregnant I had an insane need to buy a pink baby book and I pack it in my hospital bag. The book had a front row seat to the labor, delivery and even got to ride in the front seat home from the hospital, only to be placed in the closet never to be opened again in the next 7 months.

Isn't that a sad story? How did I let 7 months, almost 8 pass without chronicling the beautiful blessing that is Juliet? She is the star of the house, and could not be more precious if she tried!
Today I will close the MacBook (shocking, I know) and open the Baby Book. I will search the files in my mind and recall what life has been like since her arrival. Before I do that I'll share a little slideshow of her and the rest of the gang.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelle,
You are a normal Mother. Welcome to this elite, but busy group.
Just ask Tami.... There are very few records about her and what she did when, and she was my only girl!
I also remember Grandma (Ruth) Hopkins having a partial blank baby book for Uncle Tom, but I don't even remember a book for your Dad or Aunt Diane. Some things never change.

MiniMe Mom said...

I am having a hard time with #2s book, so do not despair!

VERY cute photo show. I enjoyed that.

denise said...

too cute! what a great little slide show. I know you'll catch up with Juliet's book. Your blog will help you remember some of the details. I think it's pretty "normal" to slack a little on the 4th one. It's not like you don't have anything else to do, right?

Anonymous said...

Why do the family pictures always contain poses where Chelle looks 6" taller than Dan?

natalie said...

cute pictures michelle...excellent slideshow :) i too share your baby book struggles...i've started just quick writing stuff down on scraps of paper and throwing them in a box with the hopes of pulling it all together someday.

Katie said...

Well if she needs more pictures, I'm sure my children would be more than willing to give up a few :)