Saturday, May 01, 2010

Good Days and Bad.

I've noticed that a string of good days (or sometimes just hours) of truly peaceful moments  are always laced with a few bad days or moments in which I feel that I need to force my heart to beat.

From what I've read in my  how-to  books on grieving,   that is exactly the grueling process.

It has been 2 weeks since we first set eyes on our daughter and had to say goodbye.   Since then I have found solace in  many things:
my husband's arms
music 
scripture 
prayers 
hugs from loved ones. 
and especially in staying inside my Home.Sweet.Home.

This week my deep struggle is getting back to regularly scheduled life and its devastating realities:

I am not pregnant anymore.  Even though my heart still counts the weeks.

We do not have our April in our arms,  we do not hear her newborn cry.

Dan is fully back to work,  and I miss him in a whole new way.

All the day to day doings of normal  life have not slowed.    
Grieving and crying out in pain for our loss doesn't always 
find its way into the schedule however much I need it to.


We have 4 kids that need us,  we can't crawl under the covers and sleep the day away.  We have a full life to live and the only way to do the work of grief is to continue on its crooked road.

Next stop... God's House.  I haven't been to church in awhile.  My heart longs to be there but my spirit is frail.    Finding comfort in God's word tonight...

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 

Matthew 11:28 (NLT)



 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

6 comments:

Sonny Huisman said...

Did you get my text yesterday? I was "praying you through" Joy's chapel! Hoping that your first "exposure" to people was a grace-filled experience.

I will be thinking of both of you and praying for you tomorrow as well! It is a tough thing. It will take courage. But . . . you will be blessed. And then, the next time will be easier.

Hang in there girl!

Oh, and BTW, go to iTunes and download the song "Trust (Reprise)" by Sixpence None the Richer. It is Proverbs 3:5&6 to song . . . and I haven't heard it done better. The best line in that song is "There will be much trouble in this world . . . I have overcome!!!"

Mom H said...

I love you. I am praying as I cry.Beautiful songs. Thankyou for sharing your heart. Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, Chelle, you amaze me. I am catching up on your last couple entries and crying so hard I can't read them. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to hug you this a.m. but had to leave right away to serve Mug Club. We continue to keep your family in our prayers. We love you!! Aunt Marva

Jamie said...

It was awesome to see you in church this morning. We walked in right after you and I was behind you praying you to your seat.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your heart in these posts.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you could make it to church this morning. Hope you were blessed beyond words.

Lisa said...

We want you to know that we are praying for all of you. Even though we have not personally been through this journey, we feel your pain and sorrow. Isn't it amazing that God chooses to send us songs, hugs from our children, or the right words from others at just the right time? His love for us is amazing - it's just too bad that sometimes our plans are not His.
Thanks for sharing. Cousin Lisa