Thursday, June 03, 2010

Coming to a mailbox near you...

or your email box,   or a Facebook message,  or a face to face message:

an expression of our gratitude.

Perhaps it is no surprise that I like to talk   (small talk-- not so much.  rather,  large-deep- real conversation).

I wish I could sit over coffee and talk with every single one of you that has reached out to us through spoken words, prayers, meals, cards, emails, messages, gifts, phone calls,  hugs,  handshakes, blog comments and visits in the last 7 weeks.  

I would tell you that I (we) are not alone.  Do you know how many parents have walked this road we travel?

I would tell you that I am blessed to live in a generation that allows me to grieve, to feel, to share, to question and not have to know the all answers.

I would tell you that I am not over this loss,  but that is OK,  I won't ever be-- and that is OK too.

I would tell you that I fumble under the weight of this pain everyday and still want my dreams--my will fulfilled,  not God's.  Even still His mercies are new every morning.

I would tell you that there is only One who can take you from holding your lifeless baby in your hands --to finding hope and joy in anything else again.  

I would ask you to continue to pray.

I would tell you through my crocodile tears and swelled heart-- THANKS Be to You!

Every expression of love we have received has indeed brought us closer to the healing we seek.  


Now... off to find a pen and that stack of Thank-You cards...this could be a long night... :)


1 comment:

Jenn Vantol said...

Michelle,
I am moved to tears reading your story. Thank you so much for sharing your heart and for being such an incredible witness of peace and grace. Our hearts are with you and your family!