Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Oh, the places I took her. (part two)

Picking up where I left off in the last post...

February is the shortest calendar month but it felt like the longest for me.   Dan was working out of state for most of the month but I kept myself going, thinking that if I could make it to March 1 (my and Joy's Birthdays)  I would be past the first 12 weeks of pregnancy,  and I would be home freeee!   Free from migraines,   free from fatigue,  free from worry  (because statistically speaking there is only a 3 percent likelihood of miscarriages after 12 weeks)

March brought about my 34th and Joy's 6th Birthdays.
We celebrate every year together.  
Every year I rejoice that she was born on my birthday--WHAT A GIFT!


Chase turned Double Digits!   How is it that we have a 10 year old already???!!!

We lived in happy anticipation as March moved on through.   Dan finished the Ohio job and was able to go to my 13.5 week Doctor appointment where we heard our baby's heartbeat for the last time.  Other moments to treasure in March included:
wearing maternity clothes (for me, one of the best things about pregnancy--really!)
thinking about baby names,  
being convinced I was carrying a boy (wrong!)  
anxiously waiting for that first flutter of movement from inside.   

I will always wonder if I ever truly felt April moving.  Even if I didn't,   she was with me everyday,  as she always will be.

Thanks for joining me on this walk down memory lane.

"Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything." James 1:2-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your blog posts. They are so precious- I love the garden-what an amazing way to honor April. I LOVE her name it just fits her perfect. I just wanted to let you that I was still thinking and praying for you.
Love,
Heather
Dykhouse