Friday, July 09, 2010

Hiatus.

Today is already 9th of July, and it seems everyone is on vacation this time of year.

Last Sunday,  following a particularly rough morning,  I (my head and heart) needed to come to a screeching halt.   My sensitive husband knows how my sadness does ebb and flow so instinctively,  he took care of after church lunch craziness and encouraged to me hole up in our bedroom for a few hours.   

Wow.  It was just what I needed.   I started thinking about why it might be necessary for me to disconnect for awhile.   One reason being,  from the moment I awake in the morning,  until God grants me sleep at night-- I think about a tiny baby girl.   It doesn't go away during grocery shopping or pool swimming.   Grief sticks.   Sometimes distraction from it is much needed,  sometimes all this distraction is just avoidance.   

This summer in my mad rush to get to and through my pregnancy due date I've noticed that I am not intentionally taking a lot of time to be still and know.   If truth falls into my lap,  I might grasp at it.   If Biblical inspiration comes to me,  I'll certainly accept it.  But,  do I seek these things?

Should the very last thing I do each day really be the very first thing I do each day?

Do I take the time to really hear the Spirit's voice,   or am I busying myself too much in the effort to speed through this season?

Isn't it ironic that the faster I try to get this summer over with the slower it creeps along?

And what exactly do I think that reaching the Fall season will grant me?

As you can read,  I have a head full of questions.   I think it best to take a bit of a hiatus-- a sabbatical, if you will from social networking and the like.    Many folks did it for Lent.  I'm doing if for the remainder of July.   Going under the radar as much as possible to exhale and refocus. 

2 comments:

Laurie said...

We'll miss you Chelle but understand that sometimes we need to quiet ourselves.

Blessings to you friend & thanks for the sweet note. :)

Lynn said...

Hi Chelle-I stumbled upon your blog through Laurie's and realized that we share cousins...Matt and Jen. You and your family have been in my prayers. Your letter to April was so beautiful and honest. I pray that the Lord will continue to hold you close. Lynn