Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Story of a Brave Young Boy.


We have had an interesting couple of days around here. Monday was coming to a close and the kids were in their jammies ready for bed. Dan agreed that I could run to the mall to return some shoes I purchased for him. While there, I received a frantic phone call from Dan saying, " You need to meet me at the Med Center, Chase got his finger slammed in the door and the tip is just hanging!" I hauled ass to Cutlerville to find my little boy on a bed with a Big cut in the middle of his finger nail down to the bone. Just imagine the type of pain that would be. He started to cry when I arrived, but calmed down and was so courageous during the examination and x-ray. I am telling you that if this happened to me I would be asking for any random narcotic or two to take away the pain! Chase sat quietly. Then came the shots to numb the finger. That was the worst part for him, but he hung on and they managed to stitch up the finger and it looks as if it will be viable. Complete recovery within a month or so, new fingernail in 3 months or so, and bragging rights to his friends and cousins about a sweet scar for years to come.

I may have left out a few details...

Who closed the door on his finger? Joy.
Where was Dan when it all went down? Upstairs making Rice Krispie treats!

Get Well Soon, Chase!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Chase! Noah hopes that he feels better soon. At least Dan was making something. I don't think Rob has ever made Rice Krispy Treats.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick question. Did he finish the treats? And are there any left? Oh and Tami, Rob is not a nancy-boy!

Old School said...

Ouch, and I would know!