Tuesday, May 23, 2006

9 years of matrimony.

It was 1997 when Dan and I walked down the aisle and said our "I do's" 9 years, two houses, 3 kids, 2 mini-vans and a few pounds later, we have a lot to look back on and much to be thankful for.

I cried like a baby at our wedding reception while I danced with my dad. Maybe I was scared to be a married woman at the ripe old age of 21. I think I just didn't want to give up my super cool last name of Hopkins. But I needn't cry, Dan would provide a beautiful life and give me 3 kids in the process. He puts up with my ever changing moods, and my incessant urge to argue and offer my opinions. He also knows that after 10pm anything I say is just venting and I will climb down from my soap box in the morning.

happy anniversary, hon. I'll see you in NYC for our 10th!!

(here's a shout out to Ron & Cheryl~~ Happy 15th! you old turds!)

8 comments:

Old School said...

15 years today, and I prefer the term "old farts", thanks

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversay Chelle and Dan. Rob and I are celebrating 11 years next weekend. Wow how time flys.

Anonymous said...

You guys are just pups! I have been married like 95 years. Still congrats Ron and Cher, Dan and Michelle, and esp. Rob and Tami. How did you do it Rob?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention that not only did I invent the internet, I also invented the telephone. It was in a locked box.

Old School said...

fig's got the commodore 64 just firing on all 8 meg of RAM

Anonymous said...

Rob alot like you Fig he married up too.

denhartigh said...

Congrats! Our 9 year is in just a few weeks! BTW, I splurged on my grocery shopping excursion and purchased the Marshmellow popcorn. I'll be breaking it out soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you!
It is hard to imagine all you kids are getting sooooo old!
9.....11.....15.....How about 40?