Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Collections



Today Chase showed me his "rock collection" Five small rocks of varying color and shape.



It made me recall the collections I once held dear.
  • Hotel Soap~~ My Grandma Hopkins would save them for me from various hotels.
  • Colored Pens~~I was the only 5th Grader around with a yellow ink pen.
  • Stickers~~Scratch & sniff, puffy, and holographic stickers were my faves.
As I grew up my collections continued.
  • Nail Polish
  • Shoes
  • Boyfriends
Finally as an adult my collections are much more purposeful.
  • Perrennial Plants
  • AVON anything!
  • Cheap, and I mean cheap, Wine
  • "mom uniforms" you know what I mean--the velour hoodie and pants set. It makes you look like you just came from the gym when you really just came from Playland at McDonalds.
It was interesting for me to see what things I couldn't get enough of...What do you "collect?"

7 comments:

Old School said...

I have a small wakeboard short collection (according to my wife), payton collects the credit card like room keys from hotels

Anonymous said...

I collect dead animals.

Anonymous said...

I collect dust. . .zzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

I used to collect Banana Peel skis, but my uncles and aunts guilt me into selling them. So I am left with nothing to collect but banana peel memories.

Anonymous said...

Todd,
I have some skies I could give to you, I was once world champion!

Anonymous said...

I use to collect napkins from weddings when I was a kid. Now I love to collect jewelry. Noah will collect anything I don't throw away.

Anonymous said...

I used to collect stuffed animals. Now I collect purses and shoes.

Pretty soon I will have a collection of baby girls!