Monday, May 15, 2006

My 3 Moms.

I am a day behind with my sentiments but I will post them nonetheless.

I have 3 moms. My mom Judy, and my 2 mothers-in-law, Jackie and Denise.

It seems that only one day a year is not sufficient to buy cards, gifts, or express true feelings for our mothers since they give of themselves every day for us. I feel very blessed that I have these 3 unique and gracious women in my life and in the lives of my children.

Here are just some of the many, many things I have learned about being a wife and mother from "my 3 moms"

  • Finding joy and purpose in being a stay-at-home mom, and the importance of not making myself and our family so busy that we do not have time to just be together.
  • Sacrificing for the sake of our children. Be it time, $$, or sleep :)
  • Being your husband's ultimate support in times of trial and in times of ease.
  • Not to always open my big mouth with my opinions, just listen.
  • Start and finish the laundry on the same day. ( I admittedly suck at this one)
  • Try to look nice for your husband when he comes home. (i'm having visions of my mom running to the bathroom to curl her hair before dad returned from work)
The list could go on and on. I love and appreciate my mothers so much. They are a source of encouragement and inspiration that I only hope to pass on someday to my own children.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh,Chelle,
You are so kind to write such complimentary things about your Moms.I'm sure they would agree with me that we just do the best we can with God's help and pray that He will fill in where we lack with His love that far exceeds ours. It is very nice to be appreciated though. Your kids appreciate you too and i'm sure they will tell you someday. For now just enjoy their hugs and Dewey and Joy fighting over you