Thursday, October 26, 2006

Back to Life, Back to Reality.

What a fabulous trip to Washington D.C it was! Chase thoroughly enjoyed the various modes if transportation that we took. He didn't miss a beat on the plane or the Metro. Now I must go on a little tangent about Washington D.C.'s public transportation system called the Metro. I am in love with it so much! I do NOT like to drive, so just walking a tad and hopping on the train is just so darn handy, the map is so easy to figure out and in no time you are at your destination! I suppose I love it so much because I am not forced to use it on a daily basis, but still--it rules!


So that wasn't exactly to highlight of the trip, but I'll tell you what was. Spending time with our family, talking and getting to see what life is like outside of the midwest and in particular our too cozy corner of it. I can see why T & A live there, there is something different to see and do on almost every corner, so much culture and diversity to be experienced. We spent a good amount of time outside the Washington Mall area (where all the monuments and such are located) T & A took us through different areas of great wealth and prestige, and the even greater poor and disadvantaged locations. It is a part of the U.S that I could continue to visit yearly and hopefully will :)

Here is a collage of photos from the trip. (click to see)


I even found my favorite souvenier:

7 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

I am glad you had fun! Awesome souvenier. Looks just like the pix.

I think that might be what I miss the most about CA. So many places to go- more activity. Seems like around here, myself included, most people stay close to family. I miss the adventure, the hustle and bustle.

I actually went to DC my junior year in HS. I was in the FBI building when Oklahoma city was bombed so we were quickly ushered out and all the monuments and buildings were shut down. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go back.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back

tami said...

I've missed you and your comments on the blog world.
Did you get to go to the holocaust museum? We went with a youth group from Denver. It left me speechless.

Anonymous said...

However do you want me,
However do you need me.
How, However do you want me.
However do you need me.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great trip and I'm sure you loved the one on one time you were able to give Chase. I am mostly stunned by your ability to make a collage of pictures. How on earth did you do that?

Michelle said...

i did the collage of photos thru a website called photobucket. they have lots of little goodies.

Tam, I did see the holocaust museum, but last year, not on this trip. Dan tried to get in this year but was DENIED! long story.

and third, EN VOGUE rules.
Never gonna get it, never gonna get it, never gonna get it
whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Remember that one, D?

Anonymous said...

Okay, Chelle, now we need to hear why Dan was DENIED!
This has got to be a good "Dan story".