Monday, October 30, 2006

Punkeys


That is what my sister called halloween pumpkins back when she was about 1 and half years old. It is a fond family memory. My dad would undoubtedly come in from hunting on an October evening and the three of us were ready and waiting to carve our pumpkins. We could sketch the face and Dad or Mom would carve it out. last weekend, my Mom and Dad carved pumpkins with Dewey and Joy, weirdly enough those pumpkins looked exactly like the ones we had as kids. Some things never change. Enjoy sneaking a piece or two of your kids' halloween candy tonight, I'll bet that was another thing my parents did. :)

9 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Another kids without a shirt on. I wouldn't expect anything less...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe minime mom beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.

Michelle said...

I know, I know, Dewey is never cold, he refused a jacket or even a t-shirt hours before that photo was taken. He religiously starts tearing off his clothes when he leaves preschool, by the time we're home there is a nice pile of socks, shoes, shirts, and what not.

MiniMe Mom said...

In college, Josh one time called his mom and asked her how to get blood out of a pair of shorts. Apparently, he slipped on a patch of ice and bled all over his shorts. He will shovel the driveway in shorts and a t-shirt. I don't get it

Old School said...

I am surprised there isn't any "Puff Paint" on any of those pumpkins, are you sure fig was there?

tami said...

Good call, make Grandma and Grandpa clean up the mess. I am suppose to be carving a pumpkin with Noah today but cannot motivate myself to do it. It probably because I am having my BSF group here tommorow for lunch and really don't want to deal with the mess.

Anonymous said...

Notice that the kids draw faces on the pumpkins for me to cut out. Regardless of the shape they draw the actual faces I come up with are always the same. My kids never new the difference and I find it the same with grandkids. As long as we can play with fire everything is fine.

Anonymous said...

That picture is classic!We had a great time carving with Joy and Dewey on your kitchen countertop ( sorry) too cold outside for a certain shirtless boy.Glad to see Chase got his done.We have fond memories of pumpkins with you guys.

Anonymous said...

On Chase's pumpkin you can actually see where he drew the face parts.
Fig, can't you follow the lines better than that? You have the nose where I think Chase put the mouth.
Just what is that?