Sunday, October 15, 2006

Warm Fuzzies and Cold Pricklies


Remember those? Recently this was the discussion at Drew's pre-school. I assume the teacher was trying to explain in a way appropriate for 4 year olds how our actions and behaviors effect those around us. I've been bouncing the idea around in my head for a few days, and realized how I've been handing out some cold pricklies too much lately. I've been whining about the commencement of fall for weeks, unloading on my husband every grievance that comes to mind. He must be thinking, "Would you just get in a good mood?" I suppose we all get in these funks once in awhile, but it is time for more warm fuzzies in the world especially my little corner of it.

This Friday and Saturday I had a great opportunity to attend a short Women's Retreat with my mom and and old friend, Dawn, from Hopkins. The speaker taught on Colossians 3:12, taking off the old garb and clothing ourselves anew.

Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3:12-24


I don't want my blog to be a soapbox for cold pricklies. Ok, just maybe an occasional complaint or two. What I was reminded of this weekend is that we are all to live as Christ's representative in person, behind other's backs, and even in the blogosphere.

I appreciate all that read my silly little blog. May I be to you a warm fuzzy.

6 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better...I do not think you are a negative person at all. We all have our days and if you look back over your blogs there are a lot more positive ones than negative, see: Housework achievement, Triplet Wed's, Mommy is a Dooofus. Okay, I guess that one is just funny.

I met someone new today because of your blog. Fig came up to me today and called me MiniMe. I was a little lost for a minute on how he would know that. It sure is a small world at Cal CRC. Is there any one there that is NOT related to someone else? You can't even use Josh and I as an example because we have relation there too.

Old School said...

I'm related to everybody, if you count my wife's family.

Anonymous said...

Yes! You are a warm fuzzy! Sweet memories! Quiet Chuckles! and LAUGH OUT LOUDS!!!

Keep it up. We all need it and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Minime, it is a pleasure to know you. Your insightes and "warm fuzzies" are a refreshing change from all of my relatives blogs. You can, however become a member of our family by just letting Josh play on our rec. league basketball team on Weds nights. You and him will soon be adopted.

MiniMe Mom said...

I think Josh played last year with a team, but is currently a "free agent". I will have to let him know you are looking to pick him up.
Adoption status seems a fair trade! Do cottage priviledges come with that?

Anonymous said...

Of course they do. Consider me the Team Manager in charge of lying to get good players on our team. If he wants to play on THE winning team have him give me a call.