Wednesday, December 27, 2006

High Hopes for 2007


New Year's Resolutions seem somewhat cheesy as well as necessary to me. A holiday time tradition that can jump-start many excellent new behaviors or just a bunch of pipe dreams?? So many TV commercials are already out there pushing weight loss and quitting smoking (both admirable things, mind you). For some actual research on New Year Resolvers and their success rates, click here

Every year I hop on the resolution band wagon. Last year was the classic "I'm going to get in shape and tone up the saggyness that has become me!" The goal made even more attainable with the purchase of a treadmill. Yes, I was on a roll until February when Dan & I went to Mexico and the endless supply of salsa and tortilla chips got the very best of me. Danny-boy ran on the treadmill ONE time for TWO miles and since then will not even look at the thing.

So with our personally high rate of failure, is it worth it? The research says yes.

"While a lot of people who make new years resolutions do break them, research shows that making resolutions is useful. People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don't explicitly make resolutions"

There you have it--resolve away. You know I will. But my list is far too long and revealing for the Blogosphere.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Music! I feel like I'm back in Jr. High! I'm still waiting for you to figure out how to let us listen to it in the comments section.

Why does it say you posted it Wednesday at 3:50pm when it didn't show up until this morning (thursday)?

Anonymous said...

Crap "...aad"

Anonymous said...

"a Mr Achtmeaul Foley is here to see you"

Anonymous said...

balki, don't be ri-dic-oolus!

Old School said...

my new years resolution is to stop making resolutions

Craaap, Failed already, oh well

Anonymous said...

Cool song!

tami said...

Chelle, I just remember doing a routine with pom pom's to this sound. Ahh, good memories.

Anonymous said...

My girls will be forbidden from being cheerleaders

MiniMe Mom said...

I hate the new blogger. I have not switched minimemom over yet, but I started a new one for my business. All the html code is screwed up! Have you mastered it yet?

Anonymous said...

Minime Mom when you said you hate the new blogger I thought you were talking about braaaaaa. Whew, it was just some technical problem.

Anonymous said...

This year I resolve not to spend so much time on the blog.

Michelle said...

Fig, say it ain't so!