Sunday, February 04, 2007

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom.

I was tagged by MVH to blog about the crazy little quirks of the stay at home mother, particularly my crazy little quirks.

Here goes...
  • When I walk around at home I always have my head down. I'm looking at the floor to see how much crumbs and junk are down there.
  • On a completely stay-at-home day (which I love) I do not wear make-up until just before my husband gets home--then I run to the bathroom to put on my face and do my hair--he doesn't really care that much how I look, but it's genetic, my mother used to do the same thing! probably still does.
  • I don't wear a watch but have 17 clock type devices in my house.
  • I rarely clean my showers. yes, I know its pretty disgusting, but so is cleaning them.
  • I'm a sniffer. (not a huffer, come on now) I smell everything (food, underwear, furniture) to determine if it's rank, it reeks, or rots. Most things reek around here.
  • My kids watch Spongebob Squarepants and run around in their underwear on any given day.
  • Finally, I don't exercise, I screen phone calls , and I can and will eat an entire frozen pizza if the spirit moves me.
There. Tina, Jamie, you're up!


11 comments:

Laurie said...

I like to say "you can eat off my floor - and that's not because it's clean." =) BTW, your last confession - never excercising & eating frozen pizza (and still being tiny) makes me want to call you a choice name. (But since I don't know you too well ... I'll refrain.)

Michelle said...

Ha! I am LOL, Laurie, you can call me choice names that's OK :) Don't judge a book by it's cover--tiny I ain't .

Glad to hear about the smorgasboard on your floor too!!!

Dana said...

This song gave me flashbacks to Woodland skating rink, disco balls, and the sweaty smell of rented roller skates.
Man, I loved school skating parties. "All Skate!"

Anonymous said...

You are not the only stay-at-home with these crazy quirks. I have to agree on all of them except I wear a watch, and still have 9 clocks in my house. I love to hear that my son is not the only 6 year old boy that runs around in his underwear all day. Our dogs have learned that when Noah gets his clothes on that means that we are going away and they hide because they do not want to go in their crate.(b/c of the carpet eating problems they have had in the past)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your list and can relate to every single one!

On our completely stay at home days, my hubby come's home to a wife on the brink of insanity.

Sonny Huisman said...

Love the music Chelle! It brings me joy to hear great 80's music! Sweet synthesizer!

I totally can relate:
I rarely clean my showers, my floor is disgusting, my girls love being in their underwear too, AND my vice is brownies or chocolate chip cookies - not pizza.

MiniMe Mom said...

Can relate to so many.

Who needs a watch? With kids, you rarely get anywhere on time anyway. No one tells you that part.

Michelle said...

I'm pretty sure there is an entire meal available if you search long enough on my floor - especially under Alli's chair.

The other day (when we were snowed in) I never showered and put a touch of makeup on when my parents were coming over for pizza that night. I think I was just sick of looking at myself.

MiniMe Mom said...

What about car seats? So many crumbs, saved for later.

Triplet Mom said...

Because I just want to loaf around with the "Loafer" all day, I had to make my own weekly cleaning schedule. Yes, I am a schedule nerd. It's the teacher in me.

I also have to keep a chart of the girls' sleeping, pooping, and eating schedule. Otherwise I don't know what's going on!

Old School said...

I confess that blogs that make me click on secure non secure items etc. I find distracting, like tinsel